Captain America Bucky rescue shield?

Drac

Sr Member
Hi all,

I’ve tried a search but couldn’t really find what I was after, I would like to do a replica of this shield but I’m struggling to find one accurate enough in the UK, and I’m unsure of the correct sizes, I’ve seen posts on the net saying a lot of people use the same particular shield but I can’t seem to find a link or an idea where from?

Cheers in advance :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to Profiles in History Captain America auction catalog the USO Stage "Rescue" shield should be 25 inches by 19 1/2 inches.

Here is my build with a template.

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=150663

The paints to use are listed on page 6.

Edit: Search for rampant lion steel shield.
The steel shield is not a thick as the screen used but most people don't know/notice that.

Here is one supplier.
https://www.acemartialartssupply.com/rampant-lion-medieval-knight-heater-shield-armor-chain/

Last edited:
For mine, I used the same shield for the build as Fly4v but I wanted my shield to be the "before battle-damaged" version and to have a bit of shine so I used the Valspar Project Perfect (paint+ primer) Red, White and Blue gloss enamels.

IMG_1344.jpg

One thing I will note, stripping all of the original paint off of the "lion shield" was definitely needed for my build. I tried to take the shortcut of just sanding the original paint application and painting over it but ended up with poor adhesion. I ended up stripping it back down to the bare metal with Rust-Oleum Aircraft stripper (Methylene Chloride) and repainted the whole shield a 2nd time.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back