Quick and dirty Ghostbuster outfit...

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
We had an 80s-themed party to attend, so I figured this was the excuse to get my Ghostbusters outfit moving. I still don't have a proton pack, so I decided on going for the "post-busting" look.

I got a decent flightsuit in a trade, so made a name tag from scratch (using the basic zig-zag setting on our sewing machine) and added this and a GB patch to the flightsuit (using velcro as I wanted to keep the flightsuit for other possible costumes).

I already had military belt (albeit in olive drab), so I added my Matty trap and PKE meter:

aVbVBz4.jpg

To hold the trap in place, I took a metal piece from a curtain rail wall mount, super-glued some non-slip grip to it and added a nylon strap with snap:

a3PYgsO.jpg

c4BEGup.jpg

1TGbPHG.jpg

For the trap pedal and hose I simply used one of my bullwhip holders. I was going to make a holster for the PKE meter, but figured it would spend most of the party concealed, so instead I hung it from a cord with a toggle clamp:

lOdNZX4.jpg

For the elbow pads, I took a grey knee brace, cut it in two and sewed up some quick pads using some grey fabric I had and foam inserts:

lVAfWz2.jpg

I took the Matty Ecto Goggles added some custom stickers (printed from the GB forums), did a little repaint, added chrome tape over the grey plastic and shortened the straps to sit better on top of my head. I also put a piece of black foam between them and my head, which made wearing them all night very comfortable:

E2k4L9m.jpg

I had some black rubber gloves laying around, borrowed a pair of black army boots from a friend, grabbed a cigarette and voila!

TQvSpvs.jpg

The black undershirt was an added Easter Egg:

07UTscQ.jpg

...singing 80s karaoke with random mullet guy and Sledge Hammer:

JgDxewN.jpg

I lot of people asked if the props worked, so I had fun rolling out the trap, etc. Amazingly, not a single person asked where my proton pack was!

Kind regards,
Magnoli

This is a really great build for something put together in such little time! The goggles are my favorite, they look badass. Great job! Nailed it. I know who I'm gonna call...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back