Deadshot helmet

Brandonbolger97

Hey guys so right now I have a foam deadshot helmet. On one side there's his finished eyepiece and on the other side there's an eye hole. However I want to cover that eye and the rest of the mask in chrome/mirror so i can still see through that eye but the whole mask looks metal. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi Brandon,

This is my opinion, but I am going to caution you against this. Foam flexes, chrome/gloss spray paint does not, which means that just one accidental squish, bump, drop, etc. of the helmet could result in creased and/or cracked paint that will be all-the-more-noticeable because of the high shine finish.

An alternative that you could do is to use Angelus Brand leather paints. They are made to bend and flex which makes them perfect for foam costumes/props, they go on streak-less with a make-up sponge, 2-3 light coats should give you full coverage, and the light coats dry within 5 minutes so you can get all of it done in an afternoon. Plus, they have finishers that you can apply to bring out a shine (you want their "high gloss acrylic finisher"). It will not be the same high shine/chrome look that you are looking for, but it will not be nearly as fragile as chrome paint on a flexible surface.

I hope that helps!

I cant link to it but there is a punished props academy video on YouTube called "prop:shop - chrome helmet visors and patterns with evil ted" that should help

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back