My Vinyl Darth Maul bust with yellow LED eyes .

TUBS

This is my first post and I'm a bit nervous with responses as I'm no pro modeller. DM 1.jpgDM 2.jpg
I bought a Darth Maul bust many , many years ago and I always wanted to light up his eyes with yellow LEDs . I recently finished a FineMolds 1/72 Tie Interceptor and put a lighting kit in that to get some experience with basic lighting . With that experience I decided to do Darth Maul . It's a vinyl bust and the top of his head comes off ( I have no idea why ) . I started by drilling holes for the LEDs in his eyes and finished them off with a hobby knife . I bought bought some yellow 5mm LEDs , a 9 volt battery case and some resistors from a company in Melbourne ( LEDsales ) then wired , soldered , heat shrinked and fitted it into Darths eye sockets . They were a bit too bright so I sanded and painted them with Tamiya clear yellow finishing them off with Tamiya Gloss black for the pupils . I've been told that I'm not allowed to display him in the TV room ( with the rest of my Star Wars stuff because he looks too scary . I reckon he looks great . I also touched up his horns and attire .

Darren

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back