Bringing valuables (wallet/ phone) with me to a convention while in cosplay?

paintknight

Hi, if you are dressing up as Flash or Superman, or any capeless superhero. How would you bring your wallet and phone to a convention, while you are in a pocketless spandex suit? If I'm doing a Batman, Bat-family related cosplay, I could hide/ place those valuables in pouches of the utility belt. However, what's the solution for other DC heroes, like GL, Flash or Aquaman?
:confused

Thanks!

in those instances if having tight bodysuits, generally thats when you get a friend to walk around with you to carry those bits

However, if your cosplay has props, build in places to hide your stuff

A common solution is a fanny pack style bag hidden in on the back of your waist. Most photos are taken from the front anyway. The better option is to have a buddy with to help by holding your stuff and helping with costume issues. If that is not in the cards, a messenger bag that can be put down for photos works but poses a risk of theft if unwatched. If your costume has boots (short or tall) you can put an ID/Credit Card and key inside the top of the boot.

Some Spider-Man cosplayers will have a small pocket (just big enough for two cards and a key) sewn in the small of the back. Done right it is barely seen.

What specific costume are you planning? That can help with targeted ideas.

For my Christopher Reeve Superman, I usually tuck my phone into my belt underneath the cape (I made a small pouch for my MOS Superman that pins to the back. For my Power Rangers, I can usually tuck them into the boots.

you can always do what Superman did in the comics. he had a small pocket sewn into the underside of his cape.

Depending on how the cape drapes, you should be able keep those items from sight and secure at the same time.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back