New Hasbro ForceFX Riot Control Baton

Totally forgot to pre order mine... thought these were coming out August 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could find only the TLJ I’ll continue for the TFA, but if you blink you’ll miss it. https://youtu.be/L8J2YwW5kEY

Awhile back, I made a slow motion GIF of the baton opening in TFA.

TFA_Baton.gif

To me it looks like both arms are swinging in the same direction/from the same side. I still believe that they are. However in TLJ, they definitely open from opposite sides. Like in many sequel movies, the same prop gets changed up from movie to movie. That's what I believe happened here.

Just picked mine up. The only negative thing about it is the flip-out prongs feel cheap and wobble a little when you're swinging the baton around. When they flip out, the action is kind of slow, but smooth. You have to manually fold them back which is kind of lame.

The main body of it feels sturdy though and it has a decent heft to it. The handle and glassbreaker-style pommel (battery compartment here) are both made of metal. The black parts of the baton have a nice rubberized coating. There's also a safety to prevent the prongs from flipping out. The safety engages on its own after every time that you flip open the baton. If you turn it on while the safety's on, just the red lights come on with no sound effects, aside from the power on sound.

Lights and sounds are okay. The handle does also vibrate. The display stand is sturdy as well, but I plan to hang it on the wall with the rest of my Force FX sabers.

Last edited:
Regarding the stand, I just now noticed on the back that there are holes for directly mounting it onto a wall. Good thing, too, because unfortunately the baton wasn't going to hold well with a C-cell flashlight mount unless I find a stud.

So I've noticed an issue with mine. I want to see if this happens to anybody else. Sometimes when the top prong swing outs, it extends too far so it is misaligned. It's really easy to click back into the correct alignment.

It only happens if you hold the baton at an angle so the left side (where the speakers are) is facing towards the ground. I've tested it from every angle. I figure there's too much momentum on the downswing at the end.

Hey, I know there have been pretty mixed reviews, but I have still been interested in it. I saw that it is now $82 on amazon, which is far closer to what it is worth to me. SO I had a couple gift cards from work and I plunked down for it, essentially for free.

Here is the amazon link for anyone waiting for the price to drop before grabbing one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079VTJ9GY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Has anyone taken their baton apart yet? I need to re-attach a prong and was wondering the best way to open it up.
Thank you

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back