Crysknife Of Selim Wormrider

13doctorwho

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A Crysknife is a Freman knife made from a sand worms tooth in the Dune series of books. In the Butlerian Jihad Dune books we learn that the first Crysknife belong to an outlaw named Selim Wormrider. He was the first to ride a sandworm, the first to use a worms tooth as a knife, and the founder of the Freman.

I really liked the idea of a primitive Crysknife. In the book he used an almost unmodified tooth as his weapon of choice. What I pictured was something resembling a large saber-tooth tiger fang with a rough grip that could be made with a file. I didn't want to do too much shaping to it, because I very much want it instantly recognizable as a large tooth.

The tooth was sculpted in Super Sculpey and then the grip was made with a round file. It was painted with acrylic paints to look like a worn tooth. I did not make it pearly white as in the books because I doubt sandworms brush their teeth. This is my personal interpretation, so I took some artistic license. Take a look and let me know what you think!

Crysknife 2018.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back