Hasbro's crowdsourced Jabba Sail Barge

Re: Hasbro's crowdsourced Sail Barge

I just saw this, would love to have one, but at $499, whoa! And wow, an estimated shipping date of February 2019. I totally understand the development and production timeline of these toys and get that, but the anticipation of receiving it would drive me crazy. I hope it goes to production and they end up selling them at stores so I can get it at a huge discount when it inevitably goes on sale like almost every other toy I've purchased in the last two years. I remember wanting the U-Wing, love that ship, and when it came out it was $49.99 which just seemed high. Same with Poe's X-Wing, waited a while, and eventually got them both for $22 each!

But sadly that won't be the case with these, if they do hit stores they are likely to carry fewer and they definitely won't be shipping so many that they are overstocked. Although that half-size interactive BB-8 was running $300 when it hit shelves and you can get it right now for about $140. But they are two different classes of product. So I fear it's buy now, buy later at a higher price on the secondary market, or not have at all. :(

If I was still collecting figures from Jabba court I would be so tempted. Thankfully I could never justify spending that much. It is admittedly, really, really cool though!

Did they just follow the custom build that was on this forum? I mean the build here was super cool and done in a way a toy company would do it. It was build in scale to the Hasbro figures too.

Man I am back and forth on this............I think it gained a few hundred backers today already. I wonder if this goes well if we can get a large scale Star Destroyer. Maybe 7 feet long, along the lines of the GI Joe USS Flagg!

Does that mean that the Sail Barge will go into regular production once 5K backers are reached, or is that a limited edition and only the backers are going to get one? I can´t see this losing any value at all once it was released. The larger ships never went down value wise, probably a lot of the backers are going to invest into a couple to stack away. I am a bit torn.

Alright, my 2 Cents. The offer is US only, so international fans are excluded. Big bummer (I'm from Germany, BTW), however, I think they did that for a reason: Exorbitant shipping costs. If a European fan uses an ordering service that provides a US shipping address and payment options there is still the question how in the world is that beast going to be shipped. According to the size of that thing you may estimate up to twice the costs of the actual item - for shipping and taxes only. So getting the barge would be about 1500 € in total (more or less). Holy cow. The calculation can be found here: http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2...international-availability-haslab-sail-barge/ I truly want that thing to get made but I have absolutely not the space to display it, so I'm out (even if Hasbro decides to open up the market internationally).

SO my idea is this:

Instead of providing a complete barge Hasbro should have given the option to obtain smaller parts with interlocking abilities. You could easily divide the ship into, let's say, six parts. Three would form the upper deck, another three the lower deck. The pieces would be big but not too big for shipping. They could be offered like a DeAgostini part work, let's say, one piece each Christmas. Those who want to assemble the whole thing might well pick their part as soon as it is available, those who do not have much space could pick their piece for display (I'm sure Jabba's throne lounge and the rear upper deck with the cannon would be the most wanted ones). Hasbro could make some extra $$$ and even the international fans would be happier. If they offered one piece at 100 § each they would earn more than with the complete barge.

Too bad I am only a silent reader at JTA so I cannot post this idea there. It would be great if someone could mention that there on occasion; maybe this idea could open some minds. :)

It's at 1,400 ordered so far and was only announced 3 days ago on the 17th. Looking good.

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed. In fact, I'm taking a look at the number a few times a day. It's really exciting! :)

I was seemingly order #500, and I can't believe how many orders have been placed in such a small amount of time. Having said that, I expect there to be a significant dip in order activity fairly soon, with a large amount of orders being placed right before the conclusion of the run. I just hope they make it 5000. It's too early to have a place ready for it, but I'm already trying to decide where (or how) I'll display it. LOL

They don't list an estimated or flat fee shipping for this. Bet it will be a chunk.
As for the question if it will be available beyond the 5000 units, they say in their FAQ that they reserve the right to sell on the site, or to sell this or similar versions at "...other sources such as on-line stores and retail locations..".

Presently, there is only one HASLAB product (The Vintage Collection Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)). Initially, this and any future HASLAB products will be available for purchase on this website only, under the terms and conditions described herein. We reserve the right to make the products (or similar versions of the products) available at other sources, such as online stores and retail locations, but such availability is not guaranteed

Will HASLAB products be available for purchase at other retailers?
Presently, there is only one HASLAB product (The Vintage Collection Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)). Initially, this and any future HASLAB products will be available for purchase on this website only, under the terms and conditions described herein. We reserve the right to make the products (or similar versions of the products) available at other sources, such as online stores and retail locations, but such availability is not guaranteed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shipping is included in the price. The only thing they add is tax.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back