Hasbro's crowdsourced Jabba Sail Barge

Re: Hasbro's crowdsourced Sail Barge

It is a damn shame that non-U.S. customers can´t order. I do however expect a few of the "specialty" retailers like EA to order at least a few dozen and a few of the private tpy merchants to order a few dozens, so it is very likely to see this project brought into reality.

IIRC the large GI Joe Aircraft carrier didn´t make it to Europe, too, because of shipping costs.

ATM shipping from the US is insane, I wanted to buy a poster off ebay and was qouted a hefty 100 USD for shipping and taxes on a 25 USD item...

I think this is a brilliant move by Hasbro and I really, really, hope they pull it off. Crowd sourcing a collector-specific product like this is the perfect way to go. I'm not in a position to be able to invest in this, and frankly Jabba's Sail Barge isn't the kind of thing that turns my crank even if I were -- but don't get me wrong I think it's amazing, I hope it flies because then maybe we can get other things like a Death Star set or maybe the Bridge of a Star Destroyer or -- dare one say it -- a Millennium Falcon!

As a mariner, the tab "Front + Stern" really bothers me. Why get the terminology halfway right when the appropriate term exists?

Over halfway there, but I'm not optimistic they'll reach the goal at this stage. Still 28 days left, but interest has waned. I don't know if it will reach goal despite all the social media attention. l wonder if they'll move forward if they don't meet the full 5000. The design is done, they have a prototype, Can they move forward with production molds and costs with less or is that a hard and fast number. Or, is that an inflated number to garner support and the actual number is far less and they plan on just "adjusting " it later. As we get closer that number quick;y increases and they say "you did it!". Not that a company in sales would ever dream of such a tactic. Even with a last minute push by those who were on the fence, 5000 seems like a tall order at this point.

Last edited:
Over halfway there, but I'm not optimistic they'll reach the goal at this stage. Still 28 days left, but interest has waned. I don't know if it will reach goal despite all the social media attention. l wonder if they'll move forward if they don't meet the full 5000. The design is done, they have a prototype, Can they move forward with production molds and costs with less or is that a hard and fast number. Or, is that an inflated number to garner support and the actual number is far less and they plan on just "adjusting " it later. As we get closer that number quick;y increases and they say "you did it!". Not that a company in sales would ever dream of such a tactic. Even with a last minute push by those who were on the fence, 5000 seems like a tall order at this point.

If they had included Europe as well they would easily reach the 5K, there are a lot of Euro-Collectors out there who are eager to own such a monster.

If they had included Europe as well they would easily reach the 5K, there are a lot of Euro-Collectors out there who are eager to own such a monster.

Heck I may buy two more and sell them to someone overseas (not at a gouging price mind you since they’re already expensive), it wouldn’t be cheap to ship, but I know many would want one.

Steve Evans clearly said "Need 5000. No less." I really hope they "spontaneously" decide to back the rest when it reaches the 3500 - 4000s but that would cause a false sense of security on further projects. Fans would then be encouraged not to be as supportive because Hasbro would make the item in question anyways. Good point about the Europeans. It's a shame that they are excluded but I guess it is because the shipping costs would crush the whole project.

What I heard was, it could be possible to overcome the order limit though. The card can be loaded up with up to 5 barges at once, not more. However, you could pace as many orders as you like, meaning you could place several orders of 5 items each if you wish to get more than 5 barges. I don't know if it works but it surely is worth a try.

Heck I may buy two more and sell them to someone overseas (not at a gouging price mind you since they’re already expensive), it wouldn’t be cheap to ship, but I know many would want one.

I can see a "group buy with cash up front" coming up in the future ;) With all its complications and failures :D :D :D :D :D

Is any body buying from dark side toys? I've never heard of them but we get a better deal, we can buy as many as we like. Not sure how that works with the 5 limit America has? And then there's the extra costs that may be incurred but we don't know yet? I'm so close to putting my name down.

I have seen several people post they have bought from Dark Side Toys before without a worry, so I say go for it!

There is not a real limit of 5 per person, it is just a limit of 5 per transaction. So a person could really buy as many as they wanted to, just in fives.

"HASLAB" Hasbro crowd funded STAR WARS products

Wondered if anybody had seen this. Hasbro now has a site for crowd funded dream projects and the first one is a 4ft long Jabba Sail Barge.
Looks kinda cool.

link:
https://www.hasbrolab.com/

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back