Hasbro's crowdsourced Jabba Sail Barge

Re: "HASLAB" Hasbro crowd funded STAR WARS products

seen it an pre-ordered one if they make it :) It woiuld fit in nicely with my other Jabba diorama stuff :D

Jedi Dade

There has been a thread here in the collectible section for a while... but more people will probably see this here!

Hopefully the mods will leave this here as it is a crowdfunded type of a thing and the more members that see it the better!

(The collectible section has never been very active sadly)

Last edited:

Thanks for updating me, I tried a search and didn't see anything.

Wow, is it me or did the pre-orders just have a significant jump? I swear I checked it a few hours ago and it was around 2900, now it's at 3089! And three more orders as I typed this!

Sold out? How? There is an unlimited number of barges you can order. The more the better. There are still about 1800 orders left for the project to get made. Hasbro will make the exact number of barges that are ordered, so I wouldn't call it "sold out". Maybe their first transport ship has gone out of space? ;)

OK, I may have learned the reason of the barge being "sold out". Obviously the Hasbro terms prohibit the item from being ordered for export, which is in essence what DST is doing. So the whole project depends on the North Americans, it seems. :(

EDIT: DST officially declared that they had suffered some damage to their reputation which caused PayPal to freeze up their account temporarily:

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2018-03-22-dark-side-toys-suspending-sales-for-the-khetanna/

(post by Commander Colt)

Last edited:
Over halfway there, but I'm not optimistic they'll reach the goal at this stage. Still 28 days left, but interest has waned. I don't know if it will reach goal despite all the social media attention. l wonder if they'll move forward if they don't meet the full 5000. The design is done, they have a prototype, Can they move forward with production molds and costs with less or is that a hard and fast number. Or, is that an inflated number to garner support and the actual number is far less and they plan on just "adjusting " it later. As we get closer that number quick;y increases and they say "you did it!". Not that a company in sales would ever dream of such a tactic. Even with a last minute push by those who were on the fence, 5000 seems like a tall order at this point.

Ok, I'm convinced this thing is a go already and my suspicions may be correct. I mean I know they released painted photos and all, but the rate this has climbed at this point in the campaign, in the past few days, leads me to believe the pre-order numbers are being "helped" along to ensure it makes it to 5000. I could be totally wrong, and heartbroken if that's the case and this is cancelled for not meeting goal, but I'm not buying the consistent jump in numbers based solely on seeing it painted now. A nice chunk of new orders, yes, but the remaining 2000+, hell no. I mean if there were three or four days left, I'd buy the last minute shoppers pulling the trigger. But I have a feeling at this point the fate of this thing is already predetermined. Either way, I ordered! :)

So I took the family out for dinner tonight and we stopped by Target on the way home. As I always do, did a quick walk through of the toy section and I was surprised to see this!

pic.jpg

Very cool to see an employee / fan trying to spread the word.

So I took the family out for dinner tonight and we stopped by Target on the way home. As I always do, did a quick walk through of the toy section and I was surprised to see this!

View attachment 804672

Very cool to see an employee / fan trying to spread the word.

I can't believe how many people have seen this now. That was a RebelScum member who posted that around your town!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back