2012 Movie Recommendations

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Time to roll back another year!

I am always on the lookout for good movies I haven't seen. They don't have to be blockbusters or Oscar winners. Just something good that I may have missed. Right now, I am looking back at 2012.

Here are the movies I liked from 2012. If you can think of any movies from 2012 that you liked that aren't on this list, please post them and I'll give them a shot!

My top 3 films for 2013:
Prometheus
Prometheus
Prometheus*

*Small nod to Dredd

Worth Watching Not necessarily advocating these... just saying, they might be worth your time):

Act of Valor
Atlas Shrugged: Part II
ATM
The Avengers
The Dark Knight Rises
The Bourne Legacy
Dredd
End of Watch
The Hobbit
The Hunger Games
The Hunt
Jack Reacher
Skyfall
John Carter
Life of Pi
Lincoln
Looper
Men in Black 3
Pirannha 3DD
Red dawn
Red Lights
The Amazing Spiderman
Total Recall
V/H/S
Wrath of the Titans
Zero Dark Thirty

Copped a lot of flac at the time for thinking Prometheus was a brave and well executed departure from the tired and over used monster approach , good to see I wasn`t alone.

The Hobbit

Ooof...looking at your list of notable 2012 films, Art, I'm reminded how horrible The Hobbit was.

There was, however, a hilarious SNL fake trailer for the movie, which I wish I could find, but I cannot. In lieu of that, though, this is another great parody take from SNL...if ya've seen the British version of The Office, that is.

As for any recommendations from me, I'm afraid I don't remember films based on the year they came out, but rather, by running time.

The Wook

Last edited by a moderator:
Copped a lot of flac at the time for thinking Prometheus was a brave and well executed departure from the tired and over used monster approach , good to see I wasn`t alone.

I know a lot of people hated it and there were a few cring-worthy moments, but overall, I really loved it.

I agree. Other than having real SEALs in it, and Roselyn Sanchez, who somehow remained hot while looking like she was beaten to an inch of her life, I wasn't impressed.
It was precisely the use of real SEALs instead of actors that made it unwatchable to me. I have nothing but respect for their bravery and service, but those guys had no business acting in a major motion picture. That's precisely why I don't plan on seeing 15:17 to Paris (that and my dad saw it and he hated it)

The Grey
Moonrise Kingdom (I know you have seen only couple of Wes Anderson's films and aren't much of a fan, but I am still recommending this)
Argo
The Raid: Redemption
The Cabin in the Woods
Goon

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back