Solo: Tobias Beckett double holster rig

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
Not really much to say here accept as a kid, when i played cowboy, I loved sporting the double holster rig. I know it's not the first double holster in Star Wars but it's cool to see one with the similarities of the classic Solo rig.

Would like to get a better look at the blasters.

27983205_10156587266357437_7086563740562085551_o.jpg

27973074_1720588514665744_3166903813836940116_n.jpg

Last edited:
I’m looking at putting this costume together. Looking for a source for the holster buckle(s), I assume there’s one on the back, too.

Interesting note on the holster rig- the whole thing is made from a coarse-weave, canvas-like material, not leather. You can see it on the life-size photo-op displays at the theater. DL-44 is in the right holster; left holster has a different blaster; closer to something like Vash’s gun from Trigun (anime). That’s a vague estimate, suffice to say it looks nothing like a DL-44. Left side of belt has three cartridge-loops with “cylinders” that resemble the ones on Krennic’s belt from Rogue one. I’m planning on making this rig, incidentally...

Last edited:
My wife said the same thing about the material being canvas, not leather. Good eye. Should be cheaper and easier to work with, too.

I gave up on finding a buckle and made my own from 16ga sheet steel.
I'll weld on some attachment posts for the straps as soon as I can track down the fasteners. Then I'll make an identical one for the back.

IMG_8754.jpgIMG_8755.jpgIMG_8756.jpgtobiasbeckettbucklepattern.png

My wife said the same thing....

Hey,

Just got your post in the Smugglers Holster thread. My initial guess it that the belts connect the same way as the Solo holster. The difference being that there is simply a mirrored hook on the left/right on a single "peg" in the middle of the buckle.

Glad to hear that. I was leaning toward that approach. I think I'm just going to fabricate all the metal parts myself in the interest of time.

We are trying to get this all done for the May 25 SOLO premiere, so... wish us luck.

Any opinions on the width of the belts where they attach to the buckle? The upper ones are the same width all the way around.

I was thinking they might all be 1 3/4", but they look more to be 2". That would put them in line with the Han belts, which makes sense.

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 7.04.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-05 at 7.04.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-05 at 7.04.09 PM.png

Any opinions on the width of the belts where they attach to the buckle? The upper ones are the same width all the way around.

I was thinking they might all be 1 3/4", but they look more to be 2". That would put them in line with the Han belts, which makes sense.

View attachment 815161View attachment 815162View attachment 815163

isn't that the same British military belt used on the Poe flight suit.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-...n-Belt-MTP-Multicam-Olive-Green-/171565722459

Interesting note on the holster rig- the whole thing is made from a coarse-weave, canvas-like material, not leather. You can see it on the life-size photo-op displays at the theater. DL-44 is in the right holster; left holster has a different blaster; closer to something like Vash’s gun from Trigun (anime). That’s a vague estimate, suffice to say it looks nothing like a DL-44. Left side of belt has three cartridge-loops with “cylinders” that resemble the ones on Krennic’s belt from Rogue one. I’m planning on making this rig, incidentally...

Both of Beckett's blasters are full custom jobs. There isn't going to be ANYTHING off the shelf that will help with these. :(

Agree on the belt. I have one that I used for my Rogue One Rebel Scarif Trooper.

They just wear inside-out as seen in the image TK-326 posted.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back