Ava's Demon Vengess Ava Battle Axe

Lovaf

Hello everyone! I am a long time browser of this site but this is my first time using it. I have recently fallen back into love with the web comic Ava's Demon and have decided that the first actual prop I make (not counting anything from high school projects) would be her battle axe she gains. Ambitious, I know! I've added the picture below and am looking for tips on how exactly I should go about making it as successfully as possible. I've already made a blueprint of it as best as i could using Inkscape but am struggling with scaling and going with the route of printing till I get it perfect. I am currently thinking of ways to actually construct it. Items I imagine I'd probably use are foam, pvc pipe(s), and wooden dowel. If anyone has tips or ideas to best execute the prop please share.
1466.png

I too love Ava's Demon. It is an amazing comic.

I have little experience of foam myself but if I were to use it for cosplay, I would choose EVA foam for the blade and pointy handgrip to make it safe to handle, avoid chipping if I bump into something ... and to have it compliant to whatever safety rules the convention I go to might have.
Punished Props on Youtube has some great videos on working with foam (they are also members here BTW).

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back