Han Solo Blaster Converstion Kit Question

arwa

Sr Member
RPF,

I am hoping you can help. I have been reviewing the different Han Solo blaster threads and have the urge to complete one myself. I have the Rubies version, but the scope being attached in the manner that it is drives me insane. Can someone tell me if there are inexpensive kits available to convert an Airsoft Spring Pistol C06 Mauser Broom handle into one of the variations of Han Solo's blaster? I was interested in the ANH version (Hero) style. If there are conversion kits available, can someone point me in the right direction?

Another route I was considering was 3d printing. I may have someone who can make the parts with a 3D printer, but I am unclear on what I would need for that part of the process and if the conversion of the airsoft is even possible.

I figured I would defer to the experts and their recommendations.

Any help would be appreciated.
-arwa

What price range are you looking at?

Shapeways has DL-44 parts.
The Evike DL-44 airsoft is just over $200 complete.
A Doopy Doos Resin kit about $50.

And you could just separate the scope on your Rubies for next to nothing.

Here is my airsoft build with 3D printed parts from Shapeways if you're interested:
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=260994

I had lots of fun doing that.

I also own the Evike AW Custom which is pretty good for the price and is a functional and metal.

I also have a Denix with a DEC kit but a Todd's Scope.

It really depends on what your budget is, how accurate you want to go (and which movie), whether you want plastic or metal parts and how much work you want to put into it...

Fly4v & cjchiu: Sorry for the late reply and thank you both for the responses. The last few weeks have been insane with work. So again, sorry for the late reply.

Hopefully, I am going to get my Airsoft later this week. I plan on taking off the plastic grips and making my own version out of wood. I still haven't decided which version to do. I think the ANH version is the most iconic, but the ESB version may be a little easier to duplicate. I am going to see if I can build some of the parts once I have the Airsoft in hand.

Is there a spot on the RPF that has dimensions for Han's ANH (Hero/Greedo Killer) and ESB version? Do you guys have a preference?

Again, I appreciate the help.

-arwa​

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with the airlsofts is that the mausers they replicate are later versions of the pistol and are not the type used for the prop. The main issue is the difference on the left side of the weapon.

The exception is that in TFA, they did use an airsoft and with some clever dressing, they did a nice conversion. If you did such a conversion, you could use it as a good base for any Solo blaster. You would need something like this: https://www.shapeways.com/product/6Q8MWJFWT/airsoft-left-side-replacement?optionId=62477930

MJF, Thanks for the heads up. I looked at it, and I think I can mask it with a thin aluminum sheet cut out. Good catch. Thank you.

I still can't figure out which one to do though :unsure

-arwa

DL-44's are addictive.
If you like both the AHN and ESB just be prepared to make both.

Also they are like a hot rod or Jeep; in that you will always be looking, tinkering and thinking about the finer details and additional modifications.

DL-44's are addictive.
If you like both the AHN and ESB just be prepared to make both.

Also they are like a hot rod or Jeep; in that you will always be looking, tinkering and thinking about the finer details and additional modifications.

Ha! That is not what I wanted to hear :lol
I just picked up my airsoft about an hour ago. I won it on Ebay for a $1.25. Guy met me half way and I picked it up about 10 minutes away from where I work. One of he handles is missing, but that is okay because I am going to make them from wood anyways. Now the great debate...which one to make? :facepalm

-arwa

Does anyone have a 3D print file for parts for the Greedo Killer version of this blaster? I want to make sure I cover all my bases before I start this process. I have someone willing to print the parts for me, I just have to supply the file. If anyone has one that is willing to share it with me, or knows of a free download, can someone let me know?

Worst case, I have my Rubies that I can rework for the ANH style and use the airsoft for the ESB/ROTJ version if the Greedo Killer is a no go. The Greedo Killer is growing on me because it is the biggest and most unique of the variations.​

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back