Opinions for semi decent Reverse Flash costume

blitz1027

Hey all, wasn't sure if this is where I should post this or not so if it's in the wrong spot sorry. I'm wanting to get a semi decent Reverse Flash costume and I was looking for opinions and options on where to get one. I know that UD replicas has an amazing one but there's no way I can afford it. I'm looking to keep it under 400.00 for the jacket, pants and belt.

I saw cosplaysky's version and it looks "OK" but not great. I'd toss that mask and those boot covers in the trash as soon as I got them.

The Xcoser one doesn't fit the style I'm wanting to go with. Would prefer to keep it closer to the show style over the comics (I don't look good in spandex).

So any suggestions I would greatly appreciate.

Those are really cool but there's no way I can make it myself. I can make a few things out like armor and such with sentra but I have zero experience working a sewing machine. So the only way I can possibly do this costume is to either buy it or commission it done.

I didn't know how to use a sewing machine either until I sat down and taught myself.

I mean, if you have access to one, no reason to not learn how to use it. Just get a few yards of muslin and start practicing some straight seams, then try out some curves. Watch some tutorials, etc.

Sewing isn't as intimidating as it seems.

Thanks for advice fellas. I think I'm gonna take your advice to try and make it myself. The difference being that I think I'm gonna put my own spin on it. After talking with a few friends of mine I think I'm going to get a black jacket and attempt to attach pieces of yellow leather to it to make my jacket. Once I get the jacket I'll them draw out templates for each piece and begin attaching the leather. I was thinking of using rivets or something similar to what they used to attach the pieces on the shows jacket. What do you guys think?

Alternatively I could make a yellow leather vest like piece that I would wear over the black jacket. To give it kind of an armored look

well, your options at that price range are learn to do it yourself of get that cosplaysky one. Cosplaysky suits are upgradeable, there's many who have taken their captain america suits, added pieces, weathered it, and made it come out great. Either way, unless you can find a seller on etsy making something close to it already, a $400 wont get you anything close to a UD replicas quality.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back