Marvel (or any) after credits roll scenes

joeranger

Sr Member
My boys saw Spiderman Homecoming without me so I just watched it on demand. I usually watch the movie credits until I stop recognizing the names especially if the music is good. Unless it's Marvel...

So this movie I got to fast forward to
Capt America PSA

It was funny and was a running gag in the movie. I noticed a changing trend after Avengers where they sat and ate shwarma. I usually see these movies with my boys so sitting in an empty theater making wise cracks about the movie is enjoyable.

Any other opinions on Marvel or any movies. Like the end on Kong!!! Calling all monsters!!!

My favorite and the classic example of this is from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. My mom took my cousins and I to see this back in the 80s and when we went to the movies with mom, she always liked to wait for everyone else to leave the theatre before she would get up. She didn't like being in the crowd. As a kid I would always bug her about this because I was ready to leave as soon as the end credits rolled. Well, this time it paid off. Most people missed that scene, but we didn't. Still cracks me up to this day. And then fast forward to 2016 when Deadpool copied it? Oh man I about died laughing. So many people in the theatre that night didn't seem to get it, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw Black Panther last night. One of the first showings locally, so I know probably no one there had seen the film already... But as soon as the credits started, more than two-thirds got up and left and we were like... "Seriously?! We're eighteen movies into the MCU. Haven't you figured this out yet?"

I've always liked films that have stuff during and/or after the credits. I have always stayed anyway, unless i was in a rush for some reason. Old thing that I absorbed from my parents. All those people worked on what I just watched. Seems disrespectful to not acknowledge them. But kudos to the movie-makers who toss in something extra to entertain us during. Anything from the little animated goings-on with many Pixar films or GotGv2 to the outtakes for the Cannonball Run movies and others who did the same. Sometimes I'll stay just because I like the music.

But the best are the little stingers at the end. The Ferris Bueller one, notably, yes. But I do dearly love the, essentially, "coming next issue" bits Marvel tags the ends of their films with. Not usually an actual teaser as such, but definitely a bridge to the next chapter of the story.

--Jonah

I always stay to watch the end of the movie. I have paid for the full experience and the end credits are part of it. It is extraordinarily rewarding seeing familiar names in the VFX and sound effects department. Surely, today it's mostly CG and the number of names of the artists involved is overwhelming, but sometimes you recognize that the "seniors" from the 70s - 90s have participated in some way. I often have a big grin on my face when I see names like John Dykstra, Richard Edlund, Phil Tippett and so on. In addition, the music is a strong part of the movie and I want the experience to end as it was supposed to by the director / editor / composer. I can't imagine watching "Independence Day" without the bombastic score during the end credits. Or "Indiana Jones" or "E.T.". Nevertheless, it is always amusing for me to see the majority of the crowd leave BEFORE the post credit scene(s) of a Marvel adventure. Don't people know that they are missing something? :)

I remember when the second Pokemon movie was in theaters, my friends and I stayed through the credits (there are silent-but-animated scenes playing behind the credits in most (if not all) of the Pokemon movies), and the ushers at the theater were all glaring at us and upset that they couldn't clean while we were there.

When we went to go see Thor: Ragnarok, the ticket-taker warned us on the number of credit scenes, so we didn't miss anything.

How times have changed.

Thanks Pumkinhead.
bob.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back