Black Panther (Post-release)

What did you think of Black Panther?

• Total voters
A little late watching this but I just watched it for the first time last night on Netflix. What a friggin good damn movie. I'm not a big fan of Marvel or DC, I'm more of a star wars guy, but this was the best movie I have seen in years. Better than anything SW since the OT.
That's all, just had to get that out.

Finally saw this movie. Not too shabby for most of it. Yet...killmonger is the true real king. He won the battle with T’challa at the waterfall. T’challa loses all claims to the throne due to being disqualified. Do not give me this he is alive bs so the fight can go on. He was was about to be beheaded until a dude stepped in and blocked the kill shot. ( why no guards like last fight vs gorilla clan guy) Then he goes off the waterfall to die. Yet a fisherman saves him. Brings his body to the gorilla clan. They ice him down to keep him in a coma state. His family members steal black panther juice heart. Get him all good ti go again. Starts to fight killmonger in black panther form. Yo Holmes you lost and would be dead with out others stepping in. Good game also your girlfriend, sister, general, mother, gorilla clan are in for high treason.

R.I.P. killmonger the true king.

Finally saw this movie. Not too shabby for most of it. Yet...killmonger is the true real king. He won the battle with T’challa at the waterfall. T’challa loses all claims to the throne due to being disqualified. Do not give me this he is alive bs so the fight can go on. He was was about to be beheaded until a dude stepped in and blocked the kill shot. ( why no guards like last fight vs gorilla clan guy) Then he goes off the waterfall to die. Yet a fisherman saves him. Brings his body to the gorilla clan. They ice him down to keep him in a coma state. His family members steal black panther juice heart. Get him all good ti go again. Starts to fight killmonger in black panther form. Yo Holmes you lost and would be dead with out others stepping in. Good game also your girlfriend, sister, general, mother, gorilla clan are in for high treason.

R.I.P. killmonger the true king.
But, but, but.....he was the GOOD GUY!

Totally agree, it was rigged against killmonger.

Enjoyed the movie a lot. Been a while since I saw it so my memory may be off.

I thought that the challenge for being King was open to legitimate contenders and that once that challenge had been met the winner was king. T'challa won. There was nothing in the presentation of the challenge that implied it was open ended for someone to come along after he was on the throne and say, "Hey, I wasn't here that day so I still want a shot at being king. Give up your crown and fight me for it." Having that fight struck me as a narrative fail in the world building.

Enjoyed the movie a lot. Been a while since I saw it so my memory may be off.

I thought that the challenge for being King was open to legitimate contenders and that once that challenge had been met the winner was king. T'challa won. There was nothing in the presentation of the challenge that implied it was open ended for someone to come along after he was on the throne and say, "Hey, I wasn't here that day so I still want a shot at being king. Give up your crown and fight me for it." Having that fight struck me as a narrative fail in the world building.
Nope, being of Royal blood you could challenge for the right of the crown. Killmonger was in every right to ask for the fight. The counsel, t”challa and everyone else knew it was his right. Only his mom ( Queen mother ) didn’t want the fight to happen... “hi Auntie!”. She even tried to pull the delay card. Likely in hopes to get T’challa training better and maybe film on killmonger’s fighting style. Plus he did kill and bring you the body of Ulysses. The man that screwed you over and no one could ever catch in 30 years. So yeah he was a massive threat and warrior. Killmonger laughed at that and wanted to go right now. Which of course T’challa ok’ed it. Likely thinking it’s best to squash him before the whole country got news of him. Sorry pleas try again.

Now looking at why the challage could go on after the crowning of the new king challange. That first one is for any of the tribes to claim the throne if they want to rule. Gorilla clan thought the old king and the prince were too weak. So a chance to take the crown a lawful way. With Killmonger of royal blood challange. This likely a challage to stop a rule that may be too weak or lost their way. If a king was to go mad or put the country in danger. A member of the bloodline woukd have a chance to lawfully stop the reign and become king thier place. Bringing peace or damnation to the kingdom. You can look at Hellboy 2 as in this manor. Prince was to use the golden army to destroy the human race. Hellboy being of Royal blood was able to challage for the right to be king and control the golden army.

everything checks out sorry T’challa. Killmonger is king, hail to the king.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back