Popeye, how to bulgi forarms?

FreakT

Hey out there,

i found some cool pics out here for some Popeye forarms, but can anybody tell me how that works?
1. i cast my arm...
2. i use my cast to build a bigger (bulgi) arm out of it?...
3. i cast the BIG arm, and make a sleeve or something like that.

...but... when i wear it, is the inside of the sleeve hollow? or what is between "my" real arm and the sleeve?
I hope you understand what i mean, hard to explain in a different language .

Thanks
Tom

silicone or foam latex glove and forearm sculpted to look huge and real. the glove is normally sculpted over a life cast of the arm and hand of the person going to wear it. then molded and cast. if it is just a latex casting of the hand and arm. you can use whatever worked to pad it on the inside.

Yeah ok, but when i wear the final Product, what is between my arm and the silikon arm? Because my real arm is more skinni the the silikon arm... oh man, hard to explain

I think the forearm will stay in place due to the bottleneck at the wrist,and the bicep/shoulder stay in place because they're stuck between your elbow and armpit.

popeye-arm.jpg...
A picture is worth a thousand words. I mean this hollow space, inside!Does it stay empty or what kind of infill will fill this cavity.

Okay just a few ideas off the top of my head. You can use expanding foam if your real arm is properly protected from the chemical foam. You could also cast your arm, mold a bigger arm from that cast, create a final are out of silicone and than fill that with regular upholstery foam used in furniture cushions or the stuffing you'd use inside a stuffed animal.

I have nothing to add here, but can't wait to see what you come up with -- I love Popeye. Good luck!
It will take time before i start, but i will collect all informations before...
I'd suggest not using expanding foam, as it hardens up like a rock. Do the foam latex or nothing at all
That´s true, i hope, i will find yome Material and information for the infill, cause i don´t want, that if you touch the arm, that it feels like a airless ball....

I love popeye , I think in the movie his thumbs went through loops to keep everything solid..they couldn't get it right until a few days before filming and where thinking of going without..in the new CGI film he doesn't even have his pipe or tattoos..CRAZY ! !

If they made a live action now the director would make the actor do about a million wrist curls..I would have liked Terence Hill & Bud Spencer to have made it in the 70s

Or, haul a 200lb sack on a rope to the top of a mast 50 times a day for 10 years and there ya' go, POPEYE ARMS .. I LOVE POPEYE .. He has no tattoos or pipe in the recent CGI movie.. P.C B.S. .. I Think it's great you do this classic character ! !

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back