[SELF] - Assassin's Creed Cosplay (work in progress)

mcoractual

Edit on original post. Finished Product!

20180316_153000.png20180316_153939.png20180316_154044.png20180316_154106.png20180316_154133.png20180316_154150.png20180316_154206.png20180316_153655.png20180316_153728.png

20180306_210310.jpg20180306_210239.jpg20180306_210319.jpg20180306_210444.jpg4447.jpeg

From MetroCon:
nU7szrx.jpgPxGUUXW.jpgvfYeCdL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks cool.

Unless you're doing this on a shoestring budget, I'd suggest using a different rifle. The Red Ryder is very small and very recognizable. Also, this is definitely a stylistic choice, but are you sure you want your assassin to be running around with a lever action rifle in WWI? There were machine guns and quicker bolt-action rifles by then. Just a thought, I don't see Assassin's using obsolete tech.

That said, consider using gaiters on your boots for that WWI look, too. Rather than lace up, perhaps straps and buckles? In the spirit of other Assassin outfits.

Hope it works out.

Looks cool.

Unless you're doing this on a shoestring budget, I'd suggest using a different rifle. The Red Ryder is very small and very recognizable. Also, this is definitely a stylistic choice, but are you sure you want your assassin to be running around with a lever action rifle in WWI? There were machine guns and quicker bolt-action rifles by then. Just a thought, I don't see Assassin's using obsolete tech.

That said, consider using gaiters on your boots for that WWI look, too. Rather than lace up, perhaps straps and buckles? In the spirit of other Assassin outfits.

Hope it works out.

Thank you for your suggestions, I would like to use a better rifle but I couldn't find anything that was era-specific for less than several hundred dollars. I would prefer a bolt-action rifle, but like I said the replicas go for outrageous amounts of money. Parade rifles seem to be the only thing that would be acceptable for the money. What do you think?

https://www.amazon.com/Kadet-Traine...8&qid=1519227691&sr=8-1&keywords=parade+rifle

That being said, I took your advice on the boots! These are the results I produced.

20180221_101721.jpg

I also finished making a full-size assassin-style leather belt by hand. The belt cost me approximately $60 to make, where as most places I saw similar designs going anywhere between $245-600

20180221_100837.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, neat.

Like I said, your design, your vision. I'm not trying to tell you how to make your costume, but aren't assassins supposed to be nimble and lithe? Those look like heavy engineer boots.
What is your reference?

Check these out.
thumb2.jpgimages (2).jpgimages.jpgpioneer-museum.jpg

For the love of all that is holy, please do not use that rifle. That thing is just pathetic.

I was able to pick up a used DBoys K98k spring airsoft rifle for $40. I am sure you can find a deal like that too. Perhaps consider not even carrying a rifle?

Additionally, I'm pretty sure Assassin's Creed Syndicate takes place in WWI. Might serve to refer to it.

Good luck.

Oh, neat.

Like I said, your design, your vision. I'm not trying to tell you how to make your costume, but aren't assassins supposed to be nimble and lithe? Those look like heavy engineer boots.
What is your reference?

Check these out.
View attachment 797329View attachment 797330View attachment 797331View attachment 797332

For the love of all that is holy, please do not use that rifle. That thing is just pathetic.

I was able to pick up a used DBoys K98k spring airsoft rifle for $40. I am sure you can find a deal like that too. Perhaps consider not even carrying a rifle?

Additionally, I'm pretty sure Assassin's Creed Syndicate takes place in WWI. Might serve to refer to it.

Good luck.

The more you point out, the more I realize maybe this would be better served as a colonial-era assassin?

Colonial era assassin is also suitable for this look if you want to go with heavy styled boots. But I think colors should be a bit muted. The white and red colors stand out too much.

Colonial era assassin is also suitable for this look if you want to go with heavy styled boots. But I think colors should be a bit muted. The white and red colors stand out too much.

Yeah, I just finished working on converting my trench club to a tomahawk and I was pleased with the results. Still needs sanding and paint, but here you go. Also a picture of everything put together....

20180221_205647.jpg
4447.jpeg

I made some upgrades to my belt.

20180222_173139.jpg20180222_173058.jpg20180222_173123.jpg

20180222_202444.jpg20180222_202419.jpg

Once I get a hold of an era-appropriate flintlock pistol replica, I will make a holster for that too! Also plan to make a longbow, arrows, and a quiver.

Last edited:
I'm also partly wondering why your blade is on the outside of the arm. As it's the 'hidden blade' I guess it's purpose is to be hidden inside the arm rather than on the outside. Cool concept though. Keep it up.

I'm also partly wondering why your blade is on the outside of the arm. As it's the 'hidden blade' I guess it's purpose is to be hidden inside the arm rather than on the outside. Cool concept though. Keep it up.

It's more or less the way the assassins in the franchise have theirs (I'm not sure if you've played any of the games). I was limited with what I could actually make the prop functional. I don't have the fancy leafing details on mine, but here's is a store made production.

20180228_173822.png

20180228_173822.png

Last edited:
I have played most of the games and am still playing them. thats what I'm saying, the knife is usually on the inside of the arm, near the wrist. Hence the whole lore in the first one where altair had to cut off his ring finger to prevent cutting it off when unsheathing it from the wrist. it should be able to remain functional on the inside of your wrist, I've seen it work. Maybe try repositioning it?

EDIT: nevermind! I just see you did that in another post, which I entirely missed! Sorry!!!

Last edited:
I have played most of the games and am still playing them. thats what I'm saying, the knife is usually on the inside of the arm, near the wrist. Hence the whole lore in the first one where altair had to cut off his ring finger to prevent cutting it off when unsheathing it from the wrist. it should be able to remain functional on the inside of your wrist, I've seen it work. Maybe try repositioning it?

EDIT: nevermind! I just see you did that in another post, which I entirely missed! Sorry!!!

Haha, no worries! My Kentucky rifle is coming along nicely. Just need to make the trigger guard, trigger, and ornament details! I will post pics soon.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back