Indiana Jones - why don't you have a problem with this?!

Since we are nitpicking, I thought I would add a few more.

Why would hundreds of snakes be living in a chamber underground? Especially non-Egyptian snakes.

Why would Indy be threatening to blow up the ark with a Soviet style RPG that wouldn't be invented until after WW2?

Why would there even be German troops in Egypt before the war? Egypt was controlled by the British who had troops stationed there. They most certainly wouldn't let German troops parade around and dig stuff up.

Many of the germans in the movie are carrying MP38/40 submachine guns which wouldn't be adopted for use until 1938. Movie takes place in 1936.

Flying wing isn't real.

You can see the spiders on Indy's back before he walks through the webs.

Indy has an amazing whip which he can attach securely enough to swing with but it comes loose readily when he tugs on it.

There are others, but I am tired of typing.

Yeah, the whole jumping from a plane and landing on a rubber raft always had me going :confused:facepalm

What everyone keeps forgetting about submarines running on the surface is that there are always lookouts. The moment that sub started moving it would have at a minimum several people on deck looking for airplanes, the biggest danger to a surfaced submarine.
Indy would have been spotted in less than five minutes. Actually, the fact that no one was on deck when Indy swam over was wrong.
It would only run submerged in inclement weather or, as mentioned, when on the attack. Periscopes are only raised occasionally, never for an entire submerged run.
Now if had been a surface boat and he'd hidden on board somewhere......
But they borrowed the sub from Das Boot, so we get Indy tied to a periscope.

All of those are the "yeah right" moments in those films :lol

Again.... people question could Indy hang on to a boat through some cold weather, yet they dismiss his other antics in films as acceptable "movie magic". Riding in a mine car in TOD and jumping huge gaps in the track and landing back on tracks at full speed while riding it like a roller coaster.... using an inflatable raft as a parachute and landing perfectly so he could then use it as a sled... Totally believable! But hold on! Indy could hang on a boat? In the cold? And survive? No way... I DO NOT BUY IT! :lol

Stop. Just Stop It! :p:facepalm

Yes, The flying wing was fake but at least it was actually built as a practical prop.
Yes, the Germans had machines guns not yet developed.
Yes, Indy had a panzerfaust, again not yet developed.
Yes, the sub may have had a snuiver, but still to early to be on a German sub and not on a Type 7.

Stop stomping all over Raiders before someone brings up the fact that Indy didn't do anything of worth to advance his own cause.
Yes, he actually recovered the idol for Belloq and never got it back.
Yes, the Nazis still got the ark and may have taken directly to Hitler thus WW2 never happens.
No, the University never got to study the ark.

Raiders is a great movie so too was Tom Selleck's High Road to China.
Another movie with equipment that didn't exist at the time the movie was set and airplanes that flew forever until the plot required other them not to.

Why don't we have a thread dirtying all over "The Final Countdown"... one of the finest showcases of Naval Aviation and much better than "Top Gun".

Raiders is, was, and will be a fun B grade, afternoon popcorn flick just with a big budget.

And no one has brought up the fact that Indy carries a Browning Hi-power autoloader as a backup to a revolver.

Since we are nitpicking, I thought I would add a few more.

Why would hundreds of snakes be living in a chamber underground? Especially non-Egyptian snakes.

Why would Indy be threatening to blow up the ark with a Soviet style RPG that wouldn't be invented until after WW2?

Why would there even be German troops in Egypt before the war? Egypt was controlled by the British who had troops stationed there. They most certainly wouldn't let German troops parade around and dig stuff up.

Many of the germans in the movie are carrying MP38/40 submachine guns which wouldn't be adopted for use until 1938. Movie takes place in 1936.

Flying wing isn't real.

You can see the spiders on Indy's back before he walks through the webs.

Indy has an amazing whip which he can attach securely enough to swing with but it comes loose readily when he tugs on it.

There are others, but I am tired of typing.

You forgot the BIGGEST GAFF of the whole movie - Indy's staff was too long!

The wise man said it was 6 kadam height ("about 72 inches") and take back one kadam to honor the Hebrew God who's Ark this is. This would put the staff at 5 FEET, yet in the Well of the Souls, the staff is clearly TALLER than Indy (probably for effect). This would put it closer to 7 feet - nowhere near the 5 feet it was supposed to be.

Thus, Indy was digging in the wrong place, what he and Sallah brought up was NOT the Ark, and the real Ark is still sitting buried in the desert just outside of Cairo. Anyone want to come with me to go dig it up?

He's Indy, I don't have a problem with anything he does.

To include whatever he did to Marion when she was only a child and in love. He knew it was wrong and he did it anyway.

But then they got married in the end so it all worked out.

To include whatever he did to Marion when she was only a child and in love. He knew it was wrong and he did it anyway.

But then they got married in the end so it all worked out.

Yep, Indy basically admits to statutory right there...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back