1/2 BB-8 Custom Bandai Figure with Lights and Sounds

Scarecrow Joe

Sr Member
This is still a WIP that I have been working on for the last couple of months. As almost always with Bandai the details and fit is spot on and it has a lot of space to add the lights and the sound module. I had experience dealing with lighting but adding sound was a new one for me. Im currently waiting on some 9v battery holders with on/off integrated switch. Once these arrive I will complete the wiring under the base. Then it will be weathering and final detailing.

Sound module
20180211_200253 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

The included speaker came dead so I cannibalized an old non functioning Sony radio. It sounds great.
20180211_200249 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

I wanted to keep the little door and sliding tray functional while keeping the lights too. I used the smallest LEDs Ive ever seen which are pencil point sized. The cables are hair like and they came already wired.
20180211_200854 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

20180211_200828 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

Short video showing the sound module at work
20180211_203039 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

Where we are now!
20180211_202738 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

Will update as soon as I make more progress. Thanks for looking

The 'where we are now' shot, looks like the real deal, fresh off the BB unit assembly line. :thumbsup

The 'where we are now' shot, looks like the real deal, fresh off the BB unit assembly line. :thumbsup

Thanks! I hope once I do washes and apply some weathering it comes out looking much more realistic. The cuteness level is so high my daughter tried to hug the thing....and she is a teenager! LOL!

Looks great!

One suggestion however..

* DO NOT USE 9v (rectangle) batteries... they are junk! And never have a lot of current.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back