BR2049: K's Gun with Screen Function IT WORKS!!! APR 20th

I've been working like crazy on this- things have been a bit hectic the last few weeks since I rearranged my workshop to make room for a new printer (RESIN! WOHOO!) that I haven't even unpacked yet! I'll be uploading loads more build photos and a video showing the final functionality, but in the meantime here are some shots of my almost-finished buildup. Still some minor tweaks to do... polish and additional weathering.

I'm rather pleased in that I managed to avoid using filler-primer completely on this build... and it's all done on a "regular" FDM-type printer- even the serial numbers. (I did have to use some Tamiya filler putty on the seams of course.) But honestly... that's as far as I think a prosumer FDM machine will go... I pretty much pushed it to the limit with this build, which is why I finally felt it was time to get a resin model as well to be able to make finer detailed things in the future.

(Click to enlarge)
K_almostdone1.jpg

K_almostdone2.jpg

K_almostdone3.jpg

More soon...

When the kits are complete, could you also post a brief guide on how you finished your kit - i.e., primer and paints?

When the kits are complete, could you also post a brief guide on how you finished your kit - i.e., primer and paints?

I’ll be posting more about the final build and assembly as soon as I have time to get it written. I’m right smack in the middle of arranging my workspace and testing a new 3d printer, while the old one is cranking out parts.

Amazing work! I didn’t really appreciate this design in the film ‘universe’ but your build has really made me like it. As joberg said... you have set the bar very high indeed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing work! I didn’t really appreciate this design in the film ‘universe’ but your build has really made me like it. As @joberg said... you have set the bar very high indeed!

Thank you kindly for the praise everyone! : )

I've been crazy busy the last few weeks with (still) breaking in the new printer and at work, but I'll get back to updating this thread with more build pics and such as soon as I can. (I'll have some time off next week.)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back