1408 Screen Used Movie Props

fromuk2014

I've wanted something from one of my favourite movies 1408 for the longest time and recently came to own these two production/screen used lamps, a screen used glass and a technical drawing used by the filming crew, I also have the BamBox replica key and hope to build on the collection.

Whilst you can view quite clearly in several scenes the round lamps in the bedroom (specifically John Cusack picks them up during a scene) I cannot see the other pointed lamp at all.

The base is the same design making them a pair, and looks as though it suffered when John Cusack picks it up and smashes it but the lamp shade is entirely different although still weathered to fit the movie and I wonder if it was used in another scene, or if it was simply put with props from another movie or even excess props and the shade was added that way later on?

I had thought of deleted scenes, alternate endings, the making of and even other cuts from different countries as I am assured they both came from the same collection of props used during filming but yet, I just can't seem to find this pointed lamp shade in any scenes, even the scenes without fire.

If you're a 1408 fan and think you have an insight I would appreciate your input.

If you also own any 1408 props I would love to see them.

IMG_20180207_134131.jpgIMG_20180207_134841.jpg

Nice work dude. How did you create the lamp on the right side? I mean which material is that cone shape created from?

I didn't create them, they were used during the filming of the movie.

The two bases are as shown in the movie but I can't see the pointed shade as yet, though I am reviewing the theatrical and directors cut releases along with the bonus material.

This section is for production made props.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back