Empire Strikes Back Graflex Screws??? What your opinion?

Those are the Skywalker Ranch saber. From what I've seen, best guess is it's a Dagobah bottom with another top, prepped for RotJ but not used.

Even among the whole set of pix (only posted a few) there are differences in the prop (number of red buttons, etc.) so these are suspect. The last time this subject was discussed, I believe it was deduced that the screws were added after the grips fell off from the cold.

Bad quality pic, but no grips to be seen.

Luke Hoth.jpg

My info isn’t solid either... but I remember watching a old interview with hamill and how he talked about the swamp set with yoda. And how that was the end of filming... if my memory serves me correct he was saying how much fun he had with the cast and at the end of filming he was alone with robot and apuppet

Again... who really knows if this is factual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even among the whole set of pix (only posted a few) there are differences in the prop (number of red buttons, etc.) so these are suspect. The last time this subject was discussed, I believe it was deduced that the screws were added after the grips fell off from the cold.

Bad quality pic, but no grips to be seen.

View attachment 795462

Damn!! I’ve never seen that photo before!!

So I skimmed through ESB last night and seems, though I could be wrong, that the silver screws version only appears in shots filmed in Norway. The black screws version is only in the shots filmed in the studio.

I'd lovesome others input on this-- because looking at all the images I have, that seems to be true. The no-screws at all seems to be only on promo images, including the one with no grips at all. So I'm assuming that means the cold caused problems with the glue off the bat. They went to silver screws, which is what we see in any exterior shots. Any interior shots, which would have been at Elstree, they are black.

Exception being, when Luke climbs out of the snowspeeder-- they are black in that bit... but I'm pretty sure that even though that is an exterior scene, that sequence was shot on a stage given the stunt and FX aspects of it.

i love how everyone is still examining these photos still to this day, love the debate and the detective work :thumbsup

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back