Batman Armor Help

SuperVintendo64

I purchased an Arkham City armor set from HeroArmour (formerly Hell’s Kitchen) and now that it’s arrived, I’ve found myself torn with how I should wear it. Initially I had planned on just adding straps to it and wearing it that way, but I’ve seen some people wearing strapped rubber armor pieces with less than desirable results (such as “bunching” or riding up in areas where it shouldn’t). This leads me to my other big option: gluing the armor to an undersuit. I’ve got a lycra undersuit in my Amazon cart ready to go either way, but if I do decide to go the glue route, I’ll be risking some mobility, especially in the shoulder area. I’ve also considered possibly cutting the shoulder pieces off of the tosro and making them into separate pieces. I guess my big questions are: what are your guys’ experiences with strapping vs gluing rubber armor pieces? If you’ve had the same armor, what route did you go and how was your mobility? What’s the best kind of glue to use with these materials? This is my first rubber armor set I’ve ever owned so any help would be gratefully accepted!

Test fit with my Origins cowl
934E6C26-046C-4F3A-9FF3-F2BC106F9B02.jpeg

If you haven't cut the shoulders off yet, don't do it. I think that will compromise the overall shape of the torso in an unflattering and undesirable way.

My advice when connecting armor to a spandex armor suit is almost always to use snaps. Glue rarely holds and, as you say, straps don't always work. Here's a great video to demonstrate how to do it. He is using foam armor, but this should work with any sort of structurally sound external armor. I hope that works out for ya!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been mounting urethane Bat suits since TDK came out. If you use the correct glue it will hold just fine for long term wear and storage.
Kris from HK typically has ran armor in latex so I am assuming that is what you have. You want to use DAP contact cement. It bonds extremely well to latex as is and even works on urethane if you prep the piece properly.
The real issue you will have is the lycra undersuit. It is just not the most sturdy thing on the planet to mount armor to. Regardless of the arm chair batsuit builders out there neoprene is a far better solution. Yes you will have some minor heat issues but it is absolutely manageable.
Batsuits arent really the most comfortable thing to wear but gluing them up is a far better solution to anything else I have seen.
Check out the old Brotherhood of the Bat forum for gluing tips. While alot of pictures are gone because of photobuckets greediness the descriptions are still there.
http://bbrotherhoodofthebat.runboard.com/f21

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back