Vader ESB FX Lightsaber Hilt "Accurized"

Hecubus114

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I had an old, kind of beat up Vader fx lying around, so decided to see how much more accurate I could make it. I put genuine "guts" in the emitter end, and plugged the hole in the opposite end with a piece I found on Shapeways. The wires are the set you can get from Wannawanga.com. The grips will be replaced with better ones (although I like how the FX ones sit flat against the saber, even over the ridges towards the end). The clamp/bubble strip will definitely be getting a replacement. In hindsight, it probably would have been worth it just to order one of Roman's MPPs, but as I said, I already had this lying around, and its been fun to tinker with so far.

Vader 2.jpgVader 1.jpgVader 3.jpgVader 4.jpgVader 5.jpgVader 6.jpg

Last edited:
I had an old, kind of beat up Vader fx lying around, so decided to see how much more accurate I could make it. I put genuine "guts" in the emitter end, and plugged the hole in the opposite end with a piece I found on Shapeways. The wires are the set you can get from Wannawanga.com. The grips will be replaced with better ones (although I like how the FX ones sit flat against the saber, even over the ridges towards the end). The clamp/bubble strip will definitely be getting a replacement. In hindsight, it probably would have been worth it just to order one of Roman's MPPs, but as I said, I already had this lying around, and its been fun to tinker with so far.

View attachment 794581View attachment 794580View attachment 794582View attachment 794583View attachment 794584View attachment 794585

looks good, I did the same thing on mine a few years ago (did you have to hammer the real inner guts in too?! :D). I cast the end cap insert from the MR speaker it comes with but I like yours better, looks more accurate. have you got a link to the shapeways piece for the end cap?

Last edited:
looks good, I did the same thing on mine a few years ago (did you have to hammer the real inner guts in too?! :D). I cast the end cap insert from the MR speaker it comes with but I like yours better, looks more accurate. have you got a link to the shapeways piece for the end cap?

Ha - YES! Getting the inner guts in was a P-I-T-A! I ground out a bunch of the inside of tube, but it barely made a difference. Here's the Shapeways piece I ordered (it comes in a plastic material that has a rough texture to it. It could use a sanding/painting, but I didn't have the patience for that, so just gave mine a gloss coat, lol) . It's also sloight too big for the MR endcap hole, so it sits a couple millimeters out from the metal, if that makes sense:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/B2A396TAA/mpp-vader-anh-endcap?optionId=60337856&li=marketplace

Ha - YES! Getting the inner guts in was a P-I-T-A! I ground out a bunch of the inside of tube, but it barely made a difference. Here's the Shapeways piece I ordered (it comes in a plastic material that has a rough texture to it. It could use a sanding/painting, but I didn't have the patience for that, so just gave mine a gloss coat, lol) . It's also sloight too big for the MR endcap hole, so it sits a couple millimeters out from the metal, if that makes sense:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/B2A396TAA/mpp-vader-anh-endcap?optionId=60337856&li=marketplace

I wasn't that skilled when I put the guts in, I just whacked it until it went in haha. Thanks for the link, did you have to buy it with the main end cap part too or could you buy just the insert? Would it just need reducing slightly? wonder if the seller could adjust the scale of the piece to fit...

I wasn't that skilled when I put the guts in, I just whacked it until it went in haha. Thanks for the link, did you have to buy it with the main end cap part too or could you buy just the insert? Would it just need reducing slightly? wonder if the seller could adjust the scale of the piece to fit...

It just needs to be slightly smaller to fit, but I didn't want to try and evenly sand it down myself, it being round and all. I figured I had bigger inaccuracies to deal with on this saber, ha. And yes, I had to order both parts, but the other part worked well to test paints and gloss coats on to see which gave me the finish I wanted.

It just needs to be slightly smaller to fit, but I didn't want to try and evenly sand it down myself, it being round and all. I figured I had bigger inaccuracies to deal with on this saber, ha. And yes, I had to order both parts, but the other part worked well to test paints and gloss coats on to see which gave me the finish I wanted.

I've just emailed the seller asking if they can list the insert piece seperately. Oh if you have sticky grips (like mine did), rubbing alcohol works a charm, takes all the stickiness off, my sabers look like new now.

I've just emailed the seller asking if they can list the insert piece seperately. Oh if you have sticky grips (like mine did), rubbing alcohol works a charm, takes all the stickiness off, my sabers look like new now.
Let me know what you find out if you don't mind. I need the same piece for mine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back