Anyone collect Warhammer 40k miniatures?

Yeah, for what you get, they are expensive. That's why I only have the one package! I was thinking about jumping in and I visited one of their Games Workshop stores while in Chicago and I picked up this package. After playing with the numbers I decided it was too big a money hole and abandoned the idea. This one package has kicked around for years and ended up loosing the arms.

I would put this in the JY, but it's just a small thing, I don't know that I should put it there....I even hesitated posting it here!

I don't want to draw the wrath of Funky Jedi!​
:lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I sent you a PM about them as i could use em for a project for a friend (rebuilding a army he and his father used to use when he was in highschool). If they are still available let me know :3

Oh I sent you a PM about them as i could use em for a project for a friend (rebuilding a army he and his father used to use when he was in highschool). If they are still available let me know :3

Ahh, I was wondering what you were referring too in your PM. Yeah, these are still available, just give me your address and they'll be in the mail.

Well, no one acted interested, and the one person who DID post never replied to my PM. :angry

So the other day I went to the local park for a walk and literally left it on a park bench.

Your best bet is to find a local gaming shop. Many comics stores have gaming areas. Find out when they have a Warhammer night and show up,. I am sure you will find someone

I don't play 40k or Warhammer anymore as I have moved on to other table top games, but our local gaming store has an auction day every few months where people drop off there old stuff, it gets auctioned off, and you get store credit for it. It is a great way to recylce unused stuff and pick up newer stuff

Well, like I said, I only had the one pack of figures and they are gone now....probably found by one of the goth kids that hangs out in the park after midnight. :lol

From the price of that one pack, I'd say I was fortunate NOT to have been pulled into that hobby.

I used to, even though I never played. Collected and painted for a bit. All during the 1st edition era. I still have a bunch of painted beaky SMs, IG troops, some Harlequins, and a bunch of Eldar Guardians. Nothing was painted according to existing chapters, races, etc. Just my own tastes at 13 years old. I had an old 1e Land Raider that I sold on Ebay for, like, $100 back in the early 2000s. Still have an old Predator, painted up, that I suppose I could sell, but I figure with the paint, it's less valuable. Got an old Rhino that I heavily modified to the point where it looks like a Chaos SM Rhino, but there's no way anyone would allow it in competition, so it just collects dust.

I've thought over the years abotu looking into the tabletop game, but then I look at the prices for ForgeWorld stuff and I lose all interest.

I've tried to army build 1:18th stuff, so I can only imagine trying to do that at a smaller scale. You could probably still sell some of your items even if heavily modified....paint isn't permanent by any standard. :)

Unless that's just a good reason to hold onto it. Which if you did the work at 13...I'd say that's plenty good reason to hold onto it.

Yeah I'm sorry we had my father get diagnosed with thyroid cancer and his health took a turn for the bad and got really busy. Again my apologies bob.

Dammit... I just don't stick my head in this section very often. Been collecting and playing 40K for over a quarter-century now. It is a money hole, but spread out like that, it's been something in the neighborhood of manageable. I'm mostly annoyed at GW's tendency to break things, then fix them, only to break them again (4th Edition was pretty much perfect, but nooOOOOooo... *sigh*).

I have a full Battle Company of Howling Griffons Space Marines, my old Grey Knights army that's been benched from 2nd Edition on because they can't be bothered to respect/know their own lore, Inquisitorial forces including inducted Imperial Guard units and Sisters of Battle, some Tau, and some Eldar. Plus a bunch I got just to paint and display. I do definitely miss the old days of being able to get a box of 30 plastic multi-part Space Marines for $30. I wish GW would learn that if they lowered their prices, they'd make at least as much on volume as they currently make on margin.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back