Hasbro Tie Advanced X1 conversion

GTImotion

Hi everyone,

I'm back with another Hasbro conversion. Lord Vader's Tie Advanced X1 :D

26296433178_5ed7896a4e_c.jpg

Started marking all the parts that need either saving or reshaped

26296436088_cfc24b7450_c.jpg

40136564582_e6114e8878_c.jpg

New vs old. The hatch and windshield castings are from my elite tie interceptor conversion, check it out! https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=263621
40169419601_83933841cc_c.jpg

30260942193_73341b2b1e_c.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Just the cockpit frame and hatch - those you already have... didn't get very far into the project. Have had less time for the hobby, so this one never really got off the ground (or out of the Death Star, so to speak!)

Good to see your updates again . Could you please share what brand / type of filler putty you’re using on this type of plastic ?
Asking cause I’ve a Hasbro X-wing I’ll be hoping to modify one day .

:cheersGed

Good to see your updates again . Could you please share what brand / type of filler putty you’re using on this type of plastic ?

Ged, I'm using (Deluxe Materials) Perfect Plastic Putty. I'm also using 5 minutes epoxy.

In using Tamiya Putty White. Works great for me on my x wing
b3fb04af00722d65ba75196455ebbf6b.jpg

Sent from my SM-T377W using Tapatalk

GTI , you replied in #13 that you also used 5 min epoxy . Is that for filling purposes as well , or for glueing your scratched styrene greeblies to this ‘ toy - type ‘ plastic ?.
Either way , could you please recommend a suitable epoxy brand / type ?

Also , what references ( if any ) are you working off for this specific modification ?

GTI , you replied in #13 that you also used 5 min epoxy . Is that for filling purposes as well , or for glueing your scratched styrene greeblies to this ‘ toy - type ‘ plastic ?.
Either way , could you please recommend a suitable epoxy brand / type ?

Also , what references ( if any ) are you working off for this specific modification ?

Hi Ged,
I'm using 5 minutes epoxy for both filling and making my own hard to get greeblies, here are some examples
26332718298_b899825a8f_c.jpg

Notice how i used the 5 minutes epoxy to fill the voids on the back of the cockpit, also notice the greeblie just below the two filled voids

40791738612_659a0c51c1_c.jpg

This is another example of the custom gleeblie made out of 5 minutes epoxy

40791746012_64c4955431_c.jpg

not the best picture but in this last picture i used the epoxy to fill the gap between the round edge of the x1 and the styrene.
I dont remember the epoxy brand at this moment but let me check an i get back to you. also I'll post some reference shoots

Thanks for sharing this information . I didn’t realise 5 min. epoxy could be used for moulding parts !? . Learning something everyday !

I’d heard of modelling brands like Aves Apoxie of course , but I understood them to be more ‘ clay ‘ like , and they’d take longer than 5 min. to harden enough to shape and sand .

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back