Another Gary Kurtz Saber

PropReplicator2

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So stop me if this has already been posted somewhere but I saw a video posted about 3wks ago on YouTube of a man going into Ripley's Believe it or not, and seeing one of Luke's sabers from The Empire Strikes Back.
Here's the video and what I'm talking about is around the 9:55 mark: https://youtu.be/TIaJ-6vnp2c

I don't know about you, but this definitely clears up the whole rivets vs screws debate for me.. rivets it is!

Last edited:
Re: New light on ESB Luke Saber!

So stop me if this has already been posted somewhere but I saw a video posted about 3wks ago on YouTube of a man going into Ripley's Believe it or not, and seeing one of Luke's sabers from The Empire Strikes Back.
Here's the video and what I'm talking about is around the 9:55 mark: https://youtu.be/TIaJ-6vnp2c

I don't know about you, but this definitely clears up the whole rivets vs screws debate for me.. rivets it is!

That saber is a mish mash of ANH and ESB.....So we cant really say if its an original or even screen used till we get more information on it.

Re: New light on ESB Luke Saber!

That saber is a mish mash of ANH and ESB.....So we cant really say if its an original or even screen used till we get more information on it.

Sweet.. thank you for the input it's greatly appreciated! halliwax you got any ideas on this one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New light on ESB Luke Saber?

It's known to be one of the Graflexes sold off by Gary Kurtz. Despite his claims, there's no proof they were used onscreen. They could have been spares-- this some key details on all the onscreen ESB heroes not present on any of the Kurtz sabers. Either way, auction details revealed they had their details added/refurbed for auction. So no matter where they came from, they aren't representative of anything seen onscreen.

See the Rivets VS Screws and Kurtz saber entries in the guide linked in my sig.

The Kurtz saber strikes back!! Lol I saw this a few weeks ago on YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's known to be one of the Graflexes sold off by Gary Kurtz. Despite his claims, there's no proof they were used onscreen. They could have been spares-- this some key details on all the onscreen ESB heroes not present on any of the Kurtz sabers. Either way, auction details revealed they had their details added/refurbed for auction. So no matter where they came from, they aren't representative of anything seen onscreen.

See the Rivets VS Screws and Kurtz saber entries in the guide linked in my sig.

Thanks for the reply Seth! I've read your guide probably 20-30 times since you made it a while back! This is what made me post about this! Thanks guys!

HA HA HA HAAAAA!!!! :lol
Hold on, let me go outside & get a screen used Ewok stick from my backyard.
It'll be screen used once you see it on your screens. Just like this Luke ESB lightsaber is screen used, now, thanks to this YouTube video.

Those t track...... are painful to look at, and they're not cabinet strip thats for sure.

only the bare graflex might have lineage,

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the fake Kobold D ring is a big tell. That's like a chunk of aluminum.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back