Thirteen Ghosts - Arcanum

brandomack

Sr Member
I was commissioned by a member to make one of these.

Its been a fun project so far.

Artwork by Juan Carlos Porcel, based on original work by Ray Lai

W1vbDP.jpg

qeHF4n.jpg

JlZT3C.jpg

KGpBIR.jpg

1AFBN7.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind having one of those, if the pages were all actually filled. I really like the authentic look to it.

love 13 ghosts and the book was a cool part of it. your works looks great.

where did you get info about the pages? did you repeat pages to fill the book?

so many questions.

love 13 ghosts and the book was a cool part of it. your works looks great.

where did you get info about the pages? did you repeat pages to fill the book?

so many questions.

The pages are repeated, with a custom generic text page as the bulk filler. I've been working under the direction of the original Arcanum propmaker.

Looks very cool... How many different pages are in it?

About 30 different pages in total.

i met with the original maker of the prop this morning, he looked it over and was pleased with how it is turning out.
He walked me through the steps i need to take to achieve the best result. He still had the thank you card from the
13 Ghosts prop master.

xGcj4D.jpg

Wow..amazing. Please tell me the writing wasnt freehand. I know it can be done but good lord, not in the last 200 years.

On a side note. The propmaker was also responsible for all of the books on BSG, Smallville, X-Men 3, and the Nostradamus book from First Wave, among countless others.

Such a visually stunning movie with a great central prop that drives the whole movie. I would be interested in one of these if you ever do a run. Your work is looking stellar.

I just had a great conversation with the fellow who created the Black Zodiac, lettering and non-ghost drawings. I'm making him an Arcanum :)

He's the one who designed the phasers and tricorders for Star Trek: Discovery.

Last edited:
Funny the drawings and the text on your photos are the same than the drawings made by Juan Carlos Porcel 2 years ago.
And then the text is absolutely non canon comparing to original props made for the film.
I spend time to decypher all the latin texts on the original drawings and made a private set for Juan Carlos based on the drawings he made.
I have the original fonts and add, and modify some that appears in the movie.
Shame you don't credit Juan Carlos...

Attachments

• 9175_6.jpg
    9175_6.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 604
Last edited:
Funny the drawings and the text on your photos are the same than the drawings made by Juan Carlos Porcel 2 years ago.
And then the text is absolutely non canon comparing to original props made for the film.
I spend time to decypher all the latin texts on the original drawings and made a private set for Juan Carlos based on the drawings he made.

I have the original fonts and add, and modify some that appears in the movie.
Shame you don't credit Juan Carlos...

Well, if i actually knew that Juan Carlos Porcel came up with the drawings and text then i would have credited him. The files used were provded to me by someone else. I spent $40 on the font, which looked like ****, and was a complete waste of money.

So, thanks for coming here and being a sanctimonious pri ck Next time do it in a PM.

Last edited:
Well, if i actually knew that Juan Carlos Porcel came up with the drawings and text then i would have credited him. The files used were provded to me by someone else. I spent $40 on the font, which looked like ****, and was a complete waste of money.

So, thanks for coming here and being a sanctimonious pri ck Next time do it in a PM.

I already told you on FB, but you thought I was an idiot telling you about the truth. Look in the Free Paper Props section, I am on this thing since 2011. Have a nice day.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back