Help Needed! Kylo Helmet

THEBROSKI8

Hey Guys I'm brand new here but I've been watching the posts for a while. I'm working on Kylo right now. I've got a decent costume nailed down and I just need a helmet. I was wondering for some ideas on where to start as far as helmets go. I would be willing to do some work on the helmet if need be. I know a lot of people do mods on the black series. Is that the best place to start or is there a better option?

Great detailed video on the mods! I'm definitely seriously considering going this route. Where's the best place to get a black series helmet for a decent price. I know the retail prices are relatively cheap but they all seem to be out of stock. The ones on ebay/ amazon are 200 dollars+. Are retailers getting them back in stock any time soon or is there somewhere I can order them for cheaper?

I think the Black Series helmets are gone for good. Never say never but now that he smashed the helmet in The Last Jedi I'd be surprised to see them making any more.

I wish I had bought a few when they were selling for cheap.

Anovos is doing a limited run of helmets right now that are (allegedly) shipping in April. I was fortunate to get one and it's so nice I don't want to take it off.

That's probably true. I don't see them promoting something that isn't in the movie anymore. Unfortunately I don't the cash for that beautiful Anovos replica. Is there another replica thats pretty accurate for less than that?

Perhaps somewhere but I'm not aware of one. If I was doing a Kylo on a budget I would buy a black series and change out the plastic visor to a more accurate mesh.

I've actually found a raw cast of a helmet for much cheaper than black series are currently going for. I think I'm going to go that route because I'll have fun cleaning up the cast, and painting it and such.

I've been meaning to post for the last couple weeks but just haven't got around to it. I got the raw casting a couple weeks ago and I've been working on it as I have time. IMG_1285.jpgIMG_1286.jpgIMG_1284.jpgIMG_1288.jpgIMG_1287.jpg

I cut off the trim around the edge.

IMG_1302.jpgIMG_1303.jpgIMG_1304.jpgIMG_1305.jpg

I also started cutting out the eyes. I'll upload some pictures of that in the next few days. Hopefully should be ready to prep for paint in the next couple weeks.
This helmet is absolutely beautiful in person, and I absolutely love it.

Is your helmet this one from Etsy ? Looks like a good deal.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/589832...all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=kylo ren helmet&ref=sr_gallery-1-2

Don Mac.

Yep that's the one! It is a really good deal, I was really surprised when I got it. I've been meaning to put up some pictures, I finished the eyes about an hour ago and started cutting out details in the face. I haven't had a ton of time to work on it lately but it's coming along nicely.

Kylo.jpg
Ok guys well the costume has been finished Kylo.jpgand I couldn't be happier with it. I was Kylo for a May 4th event and got to take a lot of pictures with kids. It was really cool, and a lot of fun. I'm working on getting pictures onto my computer now of how I went about finishing the helmet. This was my first cosplay and I really had a lot of fun putting it together.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back