NEW (OLD) MILLENNIUM FALCON from SOLO the movie

It’s so sad the the backlash of ignorant fans is hurting the true fans. This Bandai model is amazing, I wish there was more available of the Lando Falcon. Or even a darth Maul Solo force FX.

:(

It's a shame that such a well done movie (you can dislike a lot of things about Solo, but it is a high quality film) is getting hatred from such a small percentage of people... That's one of the problems of social media... The negative effects get disproportionately exaggerated. I just watched Pacific Rim Uprising... That is a bad, bad film...the only thing good in it is John Boyega... I have no idea why he agreed to do such a terrible movie...

It’s so sad the the backlash of ignorant fans is hurting the true fans. This Bandai model is amazing, I wish there was more available of the Lando Falcon. Or even a darth Maul Solo force FX.

:(

True fans never could love this abomination of the MF.

And DM should have stayed dead.

True fans never could love this abomination of the MF.

And DM should have stayed dead.

I don’t know. The MF had to be shiny and new at one point in its life. Might not be my favorite rendition. But, I can give ‘em that.

However, I do agree that dead should be dead - in the corporeal sense. If Qui Gon really does pass on from a simple stab wound - seems like getting cut in half and having the pieces fall separately down a near bottomless pit should just about do it, too. Just sayin’... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t know. The MF had to be shiny and new at one point in its life. Might not be my favorite rendition. But, I can give ‘em that.

However, I do agree that dead should be dead - in the corporeal sense. If Qui Gon really does pass on from a simple stab wound - seems like getting cut in half and having the pieces fall separately down a near bottomless pit should just about do it, too. Just sayin’... ;-)

Yeah, it’s a but unfair. I think the clone wars explains it in a fulfilling way. But still a bit unfair. I suppose quigon didn’t have enough rage to stay alive?

Luke fell down a long shaft too.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

It's a shame that such a well done movie (you can dislike a lot of things about Solo, but it is a high quality film) is getting hatred from such a small percentage of people... That's one of the problems of social media... The negative effects get disproportionately exaggerated. I just watched Pacific Rim Uprising... That is a bad, bad film...the only thing good in it is John Boyega... I have no idea why he agreed to do such a terrible movie...
I think some people were determined to hate the next SW film regardless of how good or bad the film was because of what happened to Luke in TLJ. I'm not sure how they could explain Luke hiding out during TFA unless he was disillusioned. Blaming Johnson for Luke not being optimistic seems unfair. That was already set up in TFA.

Solo is fine for what it is. It's just a side story with lots of action. It isn't the big good vs evil heroic journey of Ep 4-6. I'm afraid most of the SW Story films will be in similar situations.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Saw Solo again last night. Liked it as much, if not more, than my first viewing. Still think Alden Ehrenreich did a great job in a nearly impossible task of filling Harrison Ford's shoes. As for the Falcon, I agree I'd have liked to see one or two more beauty shot flybys, but its a minor quibble. I'm satisfied the Falcon continuity is maintained and I like how the clean look contrasts with the stripped down/piece of junk look in ANH. I'm going to pick up the Bandai for sure.

Love Lando’s MF and love that DM was alive well after Ep. I. To be fair, I really liked his progression in TCW after they bring him back from insanity.

And Solo was very enjoyable overall. An easy film to watch multiple times. Alden, Joonas, Glover and Harrelson all excel in their performances.

I liked the film.
I do wish we could have seen more of the new/old Falcon on screen- I was fairly familiar with the revised sets and exterior from the PR videos and Bandai kit photos but in the film we had so many quick cuts I felt a bit short changed. I did really like the torn up ship at the end with most of the exterior plating stripped away- I love buy a kit of that in a heartbeat, even at twice the cost of the 1:144 kits already released (likely more due a much higher parts count).

True fans wouldn't like this MF? Hahaha. This version was designed by Ralph McQuarrie all those years ago.

Also true fans already know Maul didn't die in Ep 1 and had been active until around 5 years BBY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True fans wouldn't like this MF? Hahaha. This version was designed by Ralph McQuarrie all those years ago.

Yes and no. They definitely took components of his design, but it still is the original 5ft design under there. Kind of.

I keep laughing that no one will talk about or seems to care about the fact that the original design doesn't even work with Lando's falcon. Which is highly evident by looking at pictures of the Bandai falcon. The mandibles are parallel and almost appear to be pointing outward because of the notches made in them so the escape pod will work. A "true fan" will also notice that the Lando design cannot work without the mandibles being able to pivot themselves like pincers and the jaw boxes being able to open and close like pac-man. It doesn't matter if it had armor. It doesn't change the fact that the line and angle of the jaw boxes from from the gun well to the point of the added escape pod does not work without complete hull redesigns.

I like the look of the Lando Falcon, but let's not kid ourselves and say there is continuity between it and the ANH falcon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Also true fans already know Maul didn't die in Ep 1 and had been active until around 5 years BBY.

Hmmmmm........not entirely factual

The Lando version of the Falcon does draw back to elements of RMQ's paintings,....just like the OT version....BUT Ralph's concept was a design totally different

dd4f728c2875ce3d3d20e96ea7e02ab2.jpg

Millennium-flacon-concept-ralph-GT

....The Darth Maul thing was really only known to folks who follow the kids cartoon

J

Hmmmmm........not entirely factual

The Lando version of the Falcon does draw back to elements of RMQ's paintings,....just like the OT version....BUT Ralph's concept was a design totally different

I don't think anyone is saying the Lando MF is a direct McQuarrie design. It definitely borrows design elements, however, including the docking rings, radar dish, and gunport cannons. The fact that the designers went to that source, I think, gives the Lando version some legitimacy. They could've gone a completely original route, but I think that could've been even harder to accept.

Okay, enough of the 'true fans' stuff, please -- on any side. There should be two prime directives in sci-fi fandom: First, people can like what they like. Second, if you don't like what people like, that's fine but don't be a doosh nozzle about it. It's pretty easy.

I've also been told I'm not a true fan because I like some of the Kelvin Timeline films (Beyond was fun, 2009 is just ok, Into Darkness terrible) and because I watch Star Trek Discovery. I also really like the Lando Falcon.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back