NEW (OLD) MILLENNIUM FALCON from SOLO the movie

Well, with the first teaser trailer out we could see.... they screwed it all placing the front landing bays below the ship when they should not be there yet XD

Solo_A_Star_Wars_Story_Official_Teaser(youtube.com).mp4_snapshot_01.12_[2018.02.06_14.57.32].jpg Solo_A_Star_Wars_Story_Official_Teaser(youtube.com).mp4_snapshot_01.13_[2018.02.06_14.55.00].jpg

There''s an ongoing discussion of this in the Bandai schedule thread, but given that we'll likely get at least two kits of this version (Bandai and Revell) it probably makes sense to have its own thread. There will be lots to talk about with this ship.

As for the gear boxes, it all depends on how much damage and what modifications Han makes to the ship to turn it into the hunk of junk.

I wouldn't consider the changes to the landing gear to be in-canon, meaning it could be either way without being a continuity error. The only problem would be like if they added a CG shot to IV and it was the ESB version.

For the most part, not even your average Star Wars fanatic is going to notice that issue - just us Modeling nuts who do have this helpless desire to count rivets.

None of them cared that the Star Destroyers in Rogue One were hybrids of the Devastator and the Avenger.

We are the only geeks who noticed, and.... the model building hobby is not as big as it once was.

Yeah. It's like, does anyone who watched the Harry Potter movie know or care that the magic Hogswart Express train was pulled by a Great Western steam engine? Even though the GWR never ran to Scotland?

It's a fantasy, so...

For the most part, not even your average Star Wars fanatic is going to notice that issue - just us Modeling nuts who do have this helpless desire to count rivets.

None of them cared that the Star Destroyers in Rogue One were hybrids of the Devastator and the Avenger.

We are the only geeks who noticed, and.... the model building hobby is not as big as it once was.

Again, they were idealized Devastators (Star Wars). They added lighting and made the turrets less like they were ripped straight off of tank models. They did not take any noticeable elements from the Avenger (Empire) model.

I personally don’t understand why in the first place Lucasfilm seemed to push the smaller inferior 32” Falcon. With the release of the special editions, they seem to have started a conscious effort to downplay the all around better 5’ Miniature. The Death Star hanger has the full size cockpit with the 32” Falcon spliced together. Why not just fix the original footage?? None of this really matters of course ...

Now that IS a prime example of a continuity error. Or why you leave the Academy Award winning special effects alone!

It is almost impossible to see in motion, so I would rank this as no more a continuity error than any of the more obvious differences between the live action set and the miniature -- like the missing dish in the hangar bay 94 reveal earlier in the film. Maybe Han quickly had the gear boxes installed while the rebels were getting ready for the Death Star attack. :lol

The larger issue of whether films should be altered is another more complicated debate.:cheers

- - - Updated - - -

I personally don’t understand why in the first place Lucasfilm seemed to push the smaller inferior 32” Falcon. With the release of the special editions, they seem to have started a conscious effort to downplay the all around better 5’ Miniature. The Death Star hanger has the full size cockpit with the 32” Falcon spliced together. Why not just fix the original footage?? None of this really matters of course ...

If I remember, it was simply because the 5-footer was out on museum tours in the mid-90s and the ILM crew had access to the 3-footer.

I am sure Lucas could have had the 5’ miniature returned to the studio if he wanted. But you may be correct as one of the most blatant continuity errors, the missing middle window divider in the cockpit scenes, was still left incorrect. But I agree messing with film is a whole other topic.

They probably used the falcon with the extra landing gear to match it up with the full size set piece, which is also used for TFAand TLJ.

I wonder if this is the factory spec or if Lando made his own mods... The interior certainly looks a little swish for your average freighter...

I wonder if this is the factory spec or if Lando made his own mods... The interior certainly looks a little swish for your average freighter...

Yeah I said in one of the other threads, one explanation how the Falcon (previously called the Stellar Envoy) appeared in ROTS....iwith wear & the usual mandibles....just a different paint job.....perhaps Lando bought/won/stole her & pimped her up.....so under the new cladding & cargo box between the mandibles,....she still has a bit of wear & tear

When Han gets her....all he wants to do is get her cranked up....and those glossy exterior add ons are chucked off

J

Yeah I said in one of the other threads, one explanation how the Falcon (previously called the Stellar Envoy) appeared in ROTS....iwith wear & the usual mandibles....just a different paint job.....perhaps Lando bought/won/stole her & pimped her up.....so under the new cladding & cargo box between the mandibles,....she still has a bit of wear & tear

When Han gets her....all he wants to do is get her cranked up....and those glossy exterior add ons are chucked off

J

Yeah, I'm betting this is pretty much a freighter with a body kit and he half upgrades her, half restores her to a more functional spec.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back