NEW (OLD) MILLENNIUM FALCON from SOLO the movie

That's just a rough-and-ready physical maquette somebody likely rammed together for the director(s) to play with and illustrate. The digital asset would have been built over the existing digital Falcon.

I am sure Lucas could have had the 5’ miniature returned to the studio if he wanted. But you may be correct as one of the most blatant continuity errors, the missing middle window divider in the cockpit scenes, was still left incorrect. But I agree messing with film is a whole other topic.

Or, he could offer up the 5' model to be scanned via photogrammetry and new CG assets used from then on.

I wonder how it comes across in Japanese

Several points:

1) The movie unfolds the story of Han Solo as well as of the Millennium Falcon; how it became the ship we all know.
2) The Falcon in Solo was conceived by James Clyne, based on the concept art by McQuarrie, but her details and her "look and feel" where developed during the CG modelling process by Narita, upon numerous discussions with the director via a supervisor.
3) The CG modelling of the Falcon took 120 days.
4) The CG model is composed of 50 thousand parts, of which only 1/4 is exposed in the (initial) exterior.
5) The CG modelling process emulates the kit-bashing technique used in the original trilogy. Among the greebles is a bridge of the battleship Yamato.
6) The Falcon, when she was possessed by Lando ten years ago, was "the most beautiful streamline ship in the Galaxy".

The Millennium Falcon -- HAS A MODEL OF THE MILLENNIUM FALCON IN IT!!!!

And Cloud City!

Lando MF interior.jpg

Saw the Preview of "Solo" here in Germany. You can calm down... all the issues with the changes to the episode IV-Falcon are very visually solved... :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back