NEW (OLD) MILLENNIUM FALCON from SOLO the movie

It's going to have to have to crash into a mountainside for them to explain the changes that would have had to have been made. I kind of like how the back part with all the greebles has a cover over it but stuff on the front half wasn't detailed in that way so that would be like putting a cover over a cover. Or how the flaps have flaps

If it's not explained in the movie, I'm just going to assume at some point someone, perhaps Han, crashes the front of the Falcon into something, and has to have it rebuilt. At which point it's rebuilt but without the fancy nose piece. Gotta imagine it might be cheaper to replace the nose without the middle.

It's going to be explained in the movie. This is what Ron Howard set to EW about it:

“I wonder what that could be?” Ron Howard says coyly. “You’ll have to see. The Falcon is a character in the movie, without a doubt. That machine is a defining factor in Han’s future. Every aspect of this movie moves, shifts, and transforms in very interesting and yet plausible ways.”

Source: http://ew.com/movies/2018/02/07/solo-a-star-wars-story-pictures-deep-dive/3/

In a weird way I am glad they went for the add on nose piece- at least this ship looks distinctively different instead of just an altered paint job.
I do not care for the look of it though- it takes that raw mechanical power the two mandibles gave it. I also think the mandibles were meant to hold a cargo module which makes the offset cockpit and antenna logical- with this design th eonly cargo the Falcon carried would have to be loaded by carrying it up the access ramp.
Couldn't the nose piece be a cargo container? Would explain Jabba's line "Where would I be if every pilot who smuggled for me dumped their shipment at the first sign of an Imperial starship?"

Couldn't the nose piece be a cargo container? Would explain Jabba's line "Where would I be if every pilot who smuggled for me dumped their shipment at the first sign of an Imperial starship?"

So, he jettisons a recognizable hunk of his ship so that the boarders won’t know he was carrying anything? Lol!

Maybe it rockets away. But is unrecoverable for some reason. Can’t wait to see how this plays out in the movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Part of me has a lot of faith in Ron Howard to deliver a great story, characters and movie.
The other part is worried about why Han is so short and what the hell happened to the Falcon.

Sorry guys - had a really rough time with TLJ. Really need a little of the magic back a la rogue one. Hope it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of me has a lot of faith in Ron Howard to deliver a great story, characters and movie.
The other part is worried about why Han is so short and what the hell happened to the Falcon.

Sorry guys - had a really rough time with TLJ. Really need a little of the magic back a la rogue one. Hope it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think a lot of fans have phobias about short people.

Of all my reservations about this movie, heights of actors are NOT one of them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm going for there being an "A-Team" moment when they have to strip the Falcon down and soup her up in order to make the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs....

I like the idea of Han/Lando/Qi'ra pulling a lever/switch that dumps/ejects the thicker plating to help decrease weight. The plates then slam into the ships behind them!

Like when the clone wars put panels on the Y-wings and covered everything that was cool about it to begin with. I can't stand that version of the Y.

I hear ya on the Y-Wings. It does make me wonder though, if I would have liked them if I was introduced to them in that guise. I mean, sure, I love the old, stripped down Y...but is it simply because I'm more familiar with it, and anything else comes off as a cheap plot device (which I know it's not; the "stripped down to fighting weight" is a line right out of the original sketchbook), or because I actually find it more aesthetically appealing? It sucks that there's no way to honestly answer that question. :(

I like the RalphMcQuarrie concept for the new/old look of the Solo Falcon but think that rather than have all white paneling it would have been far more interesting if they had a combo of brushed steel & white, as is suggested in RM's original artwork (slightly blue tinge on top reflecting the sky, and yellow reflections of the ground beneath).
2 RMmfpainting.jpeg

Well, I have an old MPC kit that I had started working towards turning into a generic new-looking YT-1300 a couple of years ago and then put on the back burner, I think it's pretty clear that I have to turn it into the Solo version now. Which will be my first serious kit-bashing/modifying. I foresee a lot of styrene and Bondo in my future. I'm kind of glad they seem to be going with 5 landing gear boxes because that should be a lot less work for me, though I think it looks better with only 3. Hopefully there will be a smallish model kit or toy coming out soon I can use as a reference.

Edit: wait, the MPC kit is 3-gear. I could have sworn it was 5-gear.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back