NEW (OLD) MILLENNIUM FALCON from SOLO the movie

For better looks at the new/old Falcon, the Star Wars Show over on the official site has a 360 view of the CG asset. They confirm is it McQuarrie-inspired.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at you with your crystal balls! :cheers

Ohh....I'll check that out.....Ha...crystal balls!

J

From the video

27751627_10213786599518070_6632672638409583520_n.jpg

Looks like they used another FineMolds Falcon for the Mock-up

attachment.php

J

Attachments

• Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
    Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
    694.7 KB · Views: 1,588
Last edited:
Hey.....I don't know if Hunk a Junk mentioned it or sparked my train of thought regarding the front 2 landing gears......

Well,....the gear boxes are quite big.....
underside.jpg

Han is a smuggler.....would you stash something in a cargo hold?

in SW (ANH)....we know Han jettisoned Jabba's cargo at the first sign of an Imperial check point....

What if he jettisoned the gar boxes full of pruck?

So by ESB he's using his reward money to put the Falcon right again

.......????

J

The engine deck has a cover over it.....(well a good lot of the ship does too)....you can see the greeblies under the cover

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=ce19cae07ba09f72bb5eb8896aff583a&oe=5AE34BFF

J

So maybe Lando's just hiding that it's a piece of junk. I can get behind that. Then Han's modifications would consist of removing the fancy coverings, changing the dish and guns. Then when Lando says "what did you do to my ship?" it seems like Lando knew what was under the facade, he just disapproves of showing off the falcon's ugliness.

So maybe Lando's just hiding that it's a piece of junk. I can get behind that. Then Han's modifications would consist of removing the fancy coverings, changing the dish and guns. Then when Lando says "what did you do to my ship?" it seems like Lando knew what was under the facade, he just disapproves of showing off the falcon's ugliness.

Yep.....in ROTS....the Stellar Envoy.....which is supposed to be the Falcon....she looks pretty beat up back then

J

To me it looks like a ton big features and many details are missing that would probably be necessary for standard functions, it looks like a completely different vehicle, like someone tried to redesign the Falcon overall. I don't hate it, I just don't think they deconstructed the original design well enough to show what it would have looked like if it were newer.

I just realized too that if you steal spices from Kessel, and destroy imperial property in the process, you may need to make that ship look a little different if you want to go flying around the galaxy unnoticed - especially when that ship is known for smuggling and you want to keep smuggling things.

It bothers me because there are no clear lines where the front would detach, if it was a cargo section. It seems like the nose is going to have to be torn off and rebuilt. You wouldn't think they could have screwed up the Falcon, but when Disney is in charge anything is possible.

Doesn't Disney believe in continuity?
I understand trying to make it look different.
In the prequel the falcon can be seen with 2 mandibles.

I wouldnt consider that a continuity issue. The storyline never addressed that specific ship as the Millennium Falcon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It bothers me because there are no clear lines where the front would detach, if it was a cargo section. It seems like the nose is going to have to be torn off and rebuilt. You wouldn't think they could have screwed up the Falcon, but when Disney is in charge anything is possible.

From the previous page:
Carnet said:
viewpost-right.png

So, if the general consensus is that there is an insert or cargo plug of some kind between the front mandibles, then I can't see it...looks like its all one piece to me.

I see it like this:

attachment.jpg

Looks like they used another FineMolds Falcon for the Mock-up & Guy Cowan confirmed that the ILM model maker used his Archive X Reefer White

attachment.jpg

J​
paperclip.png
Attached Thumbnails

viewpost-right.png

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

paperclip.png

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of things:

The bit in between the mandibles may be explained by this link. Note the YT-1300 configurations.

The colour scheme is similar to the MF during The Clone Wars when it was known as the Stellar Envoy (link). Note the picture in the 'Early Years' section.

Of course, that is all from the old continuity but it looks like they've borrowed bits from here and there.

This link from old EU canon describes Solo skirting a black hole to achieve the 12 parsec run. Perhaps there is a black hole in Solo and it rips the crap out of this Falcon, leaving Han to patch it back up into the Falcon we see in ANH.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kessel_Run/Legends

Regarding the front gear boxes, I just don't think they care enough to adhere to that detail, be it production cost, lack of knowledge or basically that 99.9999% of people have no idea the original Falcon didnt have those gear boxes so they are making it look like the Falcon most people recognize versus us as the extreme minority.

You all just gotta let that go. It was an Easter egg at best.

It's like the argument ET exists in the SW universe because we caught a glimpse of him in the Senate...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This link from old EU canon describes Solo skirting a black hole to achieve the 12 parsec run. Perhaps there is a black hole in Solo and it rips the crap out of this Falcon, leaving Han to patch it back up into the Falcon we see in ANH.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kessel_Run/Legends

Regarding the front gear boxes, I just don't think they care enough to adhere to that detail, be it production cost, lack of knowledge or basically that 99.9999% of people have no idea the original Falcon didnt have those gear boxes so they are making it look like the Falcon most people recognize versus us as the extreme minority.

That may actually turn out to be a cool scene.
Imagine Han is using the gravity of a black hole to slingshot him to victory during the Kessel Run but while the ship is in mid slingshot, the gravity of the black hole os so powerful it starts ripping panels off the ship which reveal the falcon we all know underneath.

So, that falcon starts the race as the new falcon and by the time it crosses the finish line its been fully transformed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back