NEW (OLD) MILLENNIUM FALCON from SOLO the movie

Just read that the wedge in front is an escape shuttle according to the toy.

Yep, seems like the front is a “transport ship” according to the folks who took these pics of the toy. Toys don’t always represent what we see onscreen, but I’d hazard a guess it’s fairly accurate in this case:

1E2CD976-FAB8-4B88-B659-0BF8036DBAD2.jpegB246F291-C952-46CA-BFA0-0DCE9332E5A2.jpeg

Also, according to Kasdan, the Falcon is not meant to be brand new when we see it in Solo. It’s been around for a good while already.

That picture confirms the existence of deep coverings all the way to the edge of the ship (proportional problems notwithstanding). Strikes me as a very lazy way of creating an alternate Falcon for sales purposes. Just dumb. It's a freighter that has to fly through space and enter atmosphere at great speed, not an '87 Camaro with J.C. Whitney ground effects and a spoiler.

That picture confirms the existence of deep coverings all the way to the edge of the ship (proportional problems notwithstanding). Strikes me as a very lazy way of creating an alternate Falcon for sales purposes. Just dumb. It's a freighter that has to fly through space and enter atmosphere at great speed, not an '87 Camaro with J.C. Whitney ground effects and a spoiler.

Not attacking you personally, but it goes to show you can't please everyone.

If they kept the Falcon 95% looking the same we saw it in ANH, we'd find something to dislike.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm not at all saying they shouldn't change it. I'm saying covering it in panels is quick, uncreative and lame. Do something more realistic. It's a space ship. Exterior features would not be as frivolous a design issue as it is on a normal vehicle. What does that crap weigh? How does it effect shields, atmosphere friction, cost? Just my opinion, but they could've changed it quite a bit but done something more thoughtful.

I'm not at all saying they shouldn't change it. I'm saying covering it in panels is quick, uncreative and lame. Do something more realistic. It's a space ship. Exterior features would not be as frivolous a design issue as it is on a normal vehicle. What does that crap weigh? How does it effect shields, atmosphere friction, cost? Just my opinion, but they could've changed it quite a bit but done something more thoughtful.

Going by the Solo writers & filmmakers, it seems the aesthetic changes are there to serve the story. There’s most likely a reason why it looks the way it does and why they chose to make those particular changes in the way they did. Until we see the movie it’s a bit premature to make any definitive judgements imo.

I certainly agree that the changes are part of a story. But I don't believe it's ever too early to talk about practicality. Even if we do not yet have all the facts. It's also never too early to have fun considering and discussing this stuff.

Maybe someone should edit the thread title to say SPOILER, because these last photos are kind of ruinning what I imagine is supposed to be a big reaveal

Maybe someone should edit the thread title to say SPOILER, because these last photos are kind of ruinning what I imagine is supposed to be a big reaveal

These pics are no different than a movie poster showing a new Xwing. It’s official information....not a plot spoiler.

If you've read many of the EU (legends) books, Lando always modified his ships to be sleek, luxurious, and comfortable. He was a gambler, con man, and swindler before going legit (more or less) after acquiring the rights to cloud city. For him to add plating and other cosmetics to the outside of one of his ships is entirely consistent with his character, as well as modifying the interior of a freighter to be more of a luxury yacht.
If you've seen photos of the Solo LEGO falcon, it appears from that kit the the front center section is removable.

Is this new MF toy intended to play with the classic size 3.75" figures?
Yes, and it is rediculously undersized.

No doubt to meet a certain price point set my a genius marketing group.

The original Kenner MF set a standard decades ago and they should stick to that or the size of the BMF.

This thing looks like it's about the size of the classic old Kenner MF but it is clearly a clean-slate new item.

That is not such a bad idea IMO. The Hasbro BMF is a great adult collector toy but it's too big/heavy and expensive to function as a kids toy.

This thing looks like it's about the size of the classic old Kenner MF but it is clearly a clean-slate new item.

That is not such a bad idea IMO. The Hasbro BMF is a great adult collector toy but it's too big/heavy and expensive to function as a kids toy.
Looks muh smaller to me than the original Kenner Falcon.

I'm seeing a similar cockpit size. Maybe similar outline when viewed from above. But the body sticks to the flatter proportions of the real ship instead of thickening up to make the interior usable for the figures.

I realize I'm debating toys and feel a little silly :)

Obviously I got nastalgia for the old Kenner Falcon, LOL.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back