Modified Legacy Millennium Falcon!

Very nice mods. I've been wanting to mod my Legacy Falcon as well. I was wondering, how are you making your custom stickers? Are they in any way accurate to the panels in the Falcon sets? Same question when it comes to painting and lighting. Are you striving for accuracy or making it up as you go along? Please let me know. Thanks.

Hi ARKM.
Thanks for your kind words. The stickers are made by printing out ‘Airplane Cockpit, Spaceship Cockpit Dials Etc.’ images freely available via internet search engines. They are then resized to fit via Photoshop and printed on Inkjet, self-adhesive glossy film sheets. No they are not accurate to the screen correct Falcon, although if you search you will be able to find some screen accurate templates to print out. I didn’t think they would work for me on this project, A- because of the oversized cockpit and B- because I wanted to put my own ‘stamp’ on it, so I decided to make some that would fit into the already made indents in the cockpit. Here’s a small example.

Stickers-2-sharp-rpf.jpg
Lighting and painting are also my own preferences. Lighting was via fibre optics where I could fit, and route them, for example, the sides of the cockpit would have been difficult to light without scratch building false sides! Painting, I wanted the model to have that 70’s feel inside so went with a colour scheme that I hope looks OK? (Final images coming soon) I did, however, try to keep the exterior colour and weathering close to original, I used Tamiya Insignia White spray paint (not actually white!) as a starting point for the exterior and then followed various people’s videos on weathering. Steve Dymszo, (look for painting the De Agostini Millennium Falcon Scale Model with Steve Dymszo) and FichtenFoo to name a couple. If I can help in any other way, just ask and good luck with yours, I really enjoyed doing mine!
Dave.

- - - Updated - - -

This is all turning out really great. Love it.

Thanks jediMichael.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, you are rocking this thing! Love it!!

Thanks Laspector.

I made some boxes for the cargo hold but i'm unsure whether to use them or not? What do you guys think? Droids are there just to look busy in the photos!!

_DSC2553_t-2.jpg

Yes, made from good ol' Lego!!!

_DSC2566_t-2.jpg

Last edited:
She’s looking sweet mate ! As far as the cargo goes , if you’re happy to include them then do it :thumbsup .
Han & Chewie were ‘ smugglers ‘ after all ( I’d even include the droids ! )

:cheers

She’s turned out a treat mate , you’ve gotta be well chuffed !

Couple of quick questions - not being familiar with this MF (as stated) , what lighting did it come with originally , before you beautifully transformed her ? ,... and how did you light up the dejarik table !?, ... I’m imagining it’s just switched on seconds from the holographic pieces appearing !:lol

Congratulations on a fantastic modification , and thanks for sharing this build .

:cheersGed

p.s. Pretty sweet paint & weathering job too :thumbsup

She’s turned out a treat mate , you’ve gotta be well chuffed !

Couple of quick questions - not being familiar with this MF (as stated) , what lighting did it come with originally , before you beautifully transformed her ? ,... and how did you light up the dejarik table !?, ... I’m imagining it’s just switched on seconds from the holographic pieces appearing !:lol

Congratulations on a fantastic modification , and thanks for sharing this build .

p.s. Pretty sweet paint & weathering job too :thumbsup

Hi Ged,
Thanks for your posts, it’s really good to have encouragement from all you lovely people! Here’s a link to a quick review of the ship, it was done back in 2008 when the model came out and it shows most of the workings!

https://gizmodo.com/5033369/guest-r...cy-edition-by-heroes-producer-jesse-alexander

It did have a ‘momentary’ blue light in the Dejarik table but I replaced it with a new brighter one, and it came with two small weak blue lights in the engine, these were replaced with new strip LED’s, I didn’t photograph this as it was just a bright light!! All the rest, fibre optics, orange landing lights and LED’s hidden away in the bays etc. were added by me. Thanks for the nod on the weathering too, I followed Steve Dymszo’s video on weathering the De’Agostini model. And yes, quite pleased with how she turned out!

Dave.

Hey Dave ( that o.k.? ) ,

Thanks for sharing that link to the review .

I gotta say , after seeing that original ship ... well , what you’ve accomplished with this build is really amazing .
Can’t wait to see what you’re tackling next !;)

Not sure , but I scrolled down that sites photos after watching the video and thought I saw what the reviewer was referring to , regarding the ‘ escape pod ‘ ? , the one his dog chewed !?
There was also a female figure in a tank top with tatts posed with other SW figures in the ship - she definitely didn’t belong in that universe !:lol

Hi Ged, yes Dave is ok.

Again, thanks for your kind words on this modification. I am going to do the (escape pod, fighter?) next. I have already put in some instrument panel detail; some greeblies, painting and weathering is next. No the female doesn't belong in the one in the video, but doesn't she brighten it up!!!
Perhaps my B Wing is next to have a mod?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back