New light up display boxes from IKEA

DARTH SABER

Master Member
Anyone seen these?
Just wondering if theyre worth it or not.
62d2a576bef5ace755084d376145de26.jpg

4ff9332977caae84e564c76f388d76f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those might be nice for smaller kits. 9x9x9 would be perfect for some of the Bandai figure kits. A couple troopers or a Threepio/Artoo display would fit nicely. In fact, it might be perfect for the Grievous I'm planning to get once I'm done with the PG. At full height he's 8" and he's so spindly that I was thinking I'd need a case for him. Nice find!

Those might be nice for smaller kits. 9x9x9 would be perfect for some of the Bandai figure kits. A couple troopers or a Threepio/Artoo display would fit nicely. In fact, it might be perfect for the Grievous I'm planning to get once I'm done with the PG. At full height he's 8" and he's so spindly that I was thinking I'd need a case for him. Nice find!

Im wondering if the Bandai 1/72 ships may fit in there (x wing, a wing, Y wing, At At etc

Need to measure when I get home.

Im wondering if the Bandai 1/72 ships may fit in there (x wing, a wing, Y wing, At At etc

Need to measure when I get home.

They should. I just quick measured my FM 1/72 ships and they all would definitely fit. The Y-Wing you'd need to put in at an angle, but that might make for a more dynamic display anyway. Could probably get two TIEs side by side. A-wing for sure.

It would be fun to see how this thing is wired to see if you could run some of the power up a tube into the model itself so that internal LEDs would fire up the same time as the display base.

They should. I just quick measured my FM 1/72 ships and they all would definitely fit. The Y-Wing you'd need to put in at an angle, but that might make for a more dynamic display anyway. Could probably get two TIEs side by side. A-wing for sure.

It would be fun to see how this thing is wired to see if you could run some of the power up a tube into the model itself so that internal LEDs would fire up the same time as the display base.

THats a pretty good idea.

Ill have to buy one and crack it open. Lol

Thanks! This might finally be a way to display my Silent Running Dewey Drone... I've been trying to work that out since I built him :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back