Solo: A Star Wars Story - QI'RA

JessyM

As soon as I saw the trailer, I fell in love with her costume with the red cape. I want and need to have it. Please, if you know which fabric is, let me know. Can't wait to see all the details.

Hey JessyM ! Welcome to TheRPF!

I'm certain there will be lots of help available to you as more photos become available of Qi-ra throughout the coming months. Keep an eye out within the Star Wars, Sci-Fi, Entertainment Weekly, and other movie magazines that might get closeup photos at different angles of the parts of her outfit that you might be able to use to help construct your costume.

For now you could always start by laying out some basic patterns and shapes.

Good Luck! And share your progress pics!

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like her cape is built similarly to Vasp Vaspar's. That is probably a good place to start. qiras_costume_design.png

Any idea on these? Are they a found part or something custom?

View attachment 815415

The ones pictured are not accurate. The screen-used belt greeblies were custom machined for the movie, just like the blaster was. Not found parts, unfortunately. (well, the brass bits top and bottom might be, but the main silver metal parts were custom-turned from scratch)

The ones pictured are not accurate. The screen-used belt greeblies were custom machined for the movie, just like the blaster was. Not found parts, unfortunately. (well, the brass bits top and bottom might be, but the main silver metal parts were custom-turned from scratch)

That pic was from a fan site, so likely fan-made and not accurate, as you stated.

The best reference I can find is below. Does anyone have anything higher-res?

qira-solo-a-star-wars-story-cut-out-characters-with-transparent-background-png.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-07 at 7.58.30 PM.pngtopps-star-wars-card-trader-solo-a-star-wars-story-qi-ra.jpg

Last edited:
That pic was from a fan site, so likely fan-made and not accurate, as you stated.

View attachment 815671View attachment 815672View attachment 815673

The theatrical standee and particularly the Target standee (even though the idiots reversed the image LOL) both have pretty good detail. I’ll host the photos I took from them somewhere and reply here when I get a chance.

Target Standee (photo flipped horizontally to correct the screw up on their end):
i.php

Theatrical standee (side view of the greeblies):
i.php

I'm working on getting a nice leather version made, here's a prototype pic.

4.jpeg

Plenty of improvements to be made, including the color, but it's coming along.

I burnished the silver clip cold and given some shiny black with the airbrush the tube is made of aluminum and the two heads are the resin replica dosimeters stephen the diameter is a little smaller than the tube

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back