1/51 TIE/sa Bomber scratch build

Gday all.
I started a TIE Bomber finally. While i decide what shade of grey to paint my Needa shuttle.
I started with the wings.

Okay, its not screen accurate but let me explain. I went for the modified TIE X1 advanced wing look instead of the modified mpc wing look. ILM didnt have the time and I kinda do. Its a bit more elegant. I hope you like it.
Cheers! Ben
20180204_165150.jpg
20180129_213335.jpg

Last edited:
Mate , you’re a machine ! Gonna have to follow this build as well ! :thumbsup
You aiming to build all the tie variations out there or what ?:lol .... Not that I’d complain . Good luck & more power to ya !

:cheersGed

Mate , you’re a machine ! Gonna have to follow this build as well ! :thumbsup
You aiming to build all the tie variations out there or what ?:lol .... Not that I’d complain . Good luck & more power to ya !

:cheersGed

Ged,
I do speed build a bit. A lot of the greebles and obscure sections get inspired by anime and aviation concepts. If i cant find how something goes, or I think it seems weird i normally replace it with something inspired by what I see everyday. (I fix planes)
I also cut LOTS of parts, and lots of parts get rejected. Sometimes I even quickly get a strip and just cut and cut and cut, without even measuring checking squareness and I will normally reject a few, but it amazing how good you get at it.
I also spent 5-6 years doing aircraft sheet metal, so I guess that might be why I can build and make parts so quick. Its all already in my head.
The other thing is I have moulds of my own parts and moulds of some common tie parts. that speeds thing up heaps!!

Have a good one all!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back