X-wing Fighter 1/72 bandai on the kitchen table

speeder n trolly1.jpegspeeder n trolly2.jpegwith the speeder

Thanks Blakeh, I just wasn't sure if I'd over done it but you're right. Beat up shop equipment with a group of folks that don't exactly have unlimited resources like the Empire. But, for as little of it that will be seen in the dio, just the front really, I guess it won't matter much. I think I'm going to put it under one of the resin speeders with one of the cannons and the forward block off, sitting on the ground next to it.
I think the paint chipping/weathering looks just right Something like that is going to be pretty heavily dinged up

Say, opinion time...I also got a couple of "snap-on" tool chests from Shapeways for this dio as well, planning on some generic components, tools etc, to set on the tops, but I'm not sure what color would be best for the chests themselves. Any thoughts? Black wouldn't exactly identify it as a tool box, then I thought yellow like the trolley, and for some reason red doesn't seem quite right either :confused
I think the paint chipping/weathering looks just right Something like that is going to be pretty heavily dinged up

petite speeder1.jpegpetite speeder2.jpegpetite speeder3.jpegecho attack2.jpegshort distraction for an evening. the 1/144 speeder. I got the set so I could use the 1/48 as a guide for my scratched 1/72...but I never opened the box. anyway, it goes well with the AT-AT someone gave me....and yes...I'm still thinking about how to light the tiny sob :lol:confused

- - - Updated - - -

and how to do the tow cable and hide the LED wires in it...anyone? I have a notion or two, but I'm open to any ideas :thumbsup

echo toolbox1.jpegecho toolbox2.jpegecho toolbox3.jpegI took the shapeways snap-on tool chests, cut the selected drawer handles off and used the thinnest evergreen I had to make some "open drawers". rummaged thru the scrap and greeblies for tools and components and found a few things. I did the other troop transport, the one on the left is my scratch up and the right is a shapeways. The more I look at movie stills, the more I see I nee to do for this. This project is going to be huge...and take a while...a long while.

- - - Updated - - -

I couldn't decide on a good color for the toolboxes and finally figured the same yellow as the trolley for the snow speeder, and the maintenance ladder for the Xwings.

Last edited:
Cool! what sort of diorama do you have in mind? Death Star surface I'm guessing? Three of the four Bandai 1/72 Xwing kits I have came with the bonus 1/144. I have a 1/144 AT-AT and the 1/144 snowspeeder that came with the 1/48 speeder. I thought perhaps I'd build the Xwings and have them flying overhead in some fashion. Though I'm fairly doubtful that I'd be able to light them...as cool as that would be...just too small :facepalm
Awesome work! I'm feeling inspired!

I've got a ton of 1/144 vehicles waiting to be painted... This is just a small group of what I'm working on:

View attachment 812195

I also have another T-70, the E Wing, Tie with Vader's X1, a Y Wing on hand. I pre-ordered the trench run kit and the X Wing/ Y Wing kits.

Cool! what sort of diorama do you have in mind? Death Star surface I'm guessing? Three of the four Bandai 1/72 Xwing kits I have came with the bonus 1/144. I have a 1/144 AT-AT and the 1/144 snowspeeder that came with the 1/48 speeder. I thought perhaps I'd build the Xwings and have them flying overhead in some fashion. Though I'm fairly doubtful that I'd be able to light them...as cool as that would be...just too small :facepalm

Definitely a trench run diorama. I have the 1/144 Falcon that blend beautifully... Although it's the esb version... That's ok with me. I might scratch build some cockpits for the X Wings since I'm doing one on the 1/350 F Toys Jango Slave 1. That thing is tiny, so 1/144 should feel huge in comparison...lol

Wow, you're going to scratch cockpits for 1/144 Xwings...I gotta see pics of that! if you make it look easy I may have to do that too, but...thinking on it now, it would only do any good if one is in a banked turn...since they'll be suspended from the ceiling with clear plastic rod you wouldn't see it huh. I still want to see how you do that though, so please share that when you get to it :thumbsup
Definitely a trench run diorama. I have the 1/144 Falcon that blend beautifully... Although it's the esb version... That's ok with me. I might scratch build some cockpits for the X Wings since I'm doing one on the 1/350 F Toys Jango Slave 1. That thing is tiny, so 1/144 should feel huge in comparison...lol

Wow, you're going to scratch cockpits for 1/144 Xwings...I gotta see pics of that! if you make it look easy I may have to do that too, but...thinking on it now, it would only do any good if one is in a banked turn...since they'll be suspended from the ceiling with clear plastic rod you wouldn't see it huh. I still want to see how you do that though, so please share that when you get to it :thumbsup

Definitely! I'll start a thread once I get to it. My time is being spent doing these two Slave 1s... I'm going to display all three ( FM 1/72, Bandai 1/144, and F Toys 1/350) on a custom built stand. Here's an early picture of the base:

F2773737-911A-4697-B4C9-810400366279.jpeg

looks like about 2 to 2.5 ft square? That's gonna look way cool covered with DS tiles for 1/144! you could even hang it on the wall if you wanted to huh :thumbsup
Definitely! I'll start a thread once I get to it. My time is being spent doing these two Slave 1s... I'm going to display all three ( FM 1/72, Bandai 1/144, and F Toys 1/350) on a custom built stand. Here's an early picture of the base:

View attachment 812330

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back