Prop making skills

rescue542

Hey everyone, it’s been a long time since I’ve been on here mainly due to life getting in the way of hobbies haha. But now that I have time I can devote to myself again I’m wanting to finally tackle making some replicas I’ve always wanted. My problem is two fold...I don’t know where to start (I’m trying to find small project ideas here however) and I haven’t built anything since probably middle school over 20 years ago. I am working on getting myself tools to get started. I have a drill and plan on getting a cheap dremel soon from HF. So my biggest question isn’t what I should build but rather what skills should I work on for my first projects? I look at it like this, find a simple project to build to work on basic skills and then move onto a new skill set to learn with more and more complicated replicas. So with that said, what tools and skill sets should I work on first and any suggestions on a plan of advancement? Thank you everyone in advance.

Viking Medic

Edit: I should also probably note that I am not a very artistic person so things like sculpting or drawing would be a disaster haha

Last edited:
I would recommend starting with doing some pepakura props. Maybe find a helmet design you like and print out the design on some 200gsm paper. It is the easiest way I can think of starting and the only things you really need are time and patience.

I had forgotten about that stuff somehow. And it would better my skills with patience as I have none haha. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back