Showbiz Pizza Place!

what if we got a team of guys together and made a miniature version!?!??!

it would take a lot of people....start with the 3d guys....then print them out and we cast them...then have some electronic guys figure out some servo programming and
have a programer write code for a micro controler to sync the music....then costume guys make the little outfits.

hay i can dream! lol

That would be rad! That Billybob bear designer toy that Justin Ishmael is working on looks amazing. The face comes off to show off the animatronics in the face.

what if we got a team of guys together and made a miniature version!?!??!

it would take a lot of people....start with the 3d guys....then print them out and we cast them...then have some electronic guys figure out some servo programming and
have a programer write code for a micro controler to sync the music....then costume guys make the little outfits.

hay i can dream! lol

Is he casting new stuff? That's pretty cool! I was under the assumption that it was old stuff that had been around for ages. But that would make sense I mean I saw a latex face he was selling that looked really nice but some of those latex parts like the gorilla feet and hands were just crumbling to pieces in one video I saw that was a couple years old. That animatronics starter kit looked really cool but $900...outta my budget unfortunately. Those mini Billybob bears were a neat idea, using the same fur that they used back in the early 80's that was leftover in the shop.

I wonder what a full set of the Rock-afire Explosion would run nowadays...

I watched a video where he was digging out a set of the Wolf pack 5 from his shop and getting them ready to ship out to a collector. Out of curiosity I looked up were the set went and apparently they were in a tourist attraction and the guy went crazy and was on drugs and was vandalizing the park and the place got shut down, he went to jail, and the animatronics were abandoned...Funtown Mountain, I think was the name of the place.

Yeah I got the same impression from the videos i saw. I'm sure the interest from nostalgic collectors and such is encouraging him. I'm glad, that was a kinda depressing limbo the shop was in it seemed like.

Yeah, he’s selling old stuff too, but he mentions in some of the tour videos that he has to make a new mask for so and so and stuff like that. I agree the animatronics kit would be awesome but it’s a little pricey right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't look like much but I drilled out 142 holes, cleaned up the signs and got a couple coats of paint for the first color. I also have it set up so that the lights can be swapped out easily at the moment in case I undertake making a nicer setup for the electrical. At the moment the lights will be on/off/blink with a remote. I also have to make 142 little diffusers...sigh.

20180313_073702.jpg

yessss finally done...time to hang it on the wall!

would be cool to make another one all aged and rusted....looking like it came from bioshock. lol

It's funny you should mention that. When I initially attempted to try out some cheap acrylics on it, it was taking a million coats to get coverage and I was thinking about just going with a weathered look. Like it had been sitting in a warehouse for a few decades but I just ended up breaking down and buying some nice pigmented paints...i don't think I'll ever go back to cheap paints again. Orange and yellow are the worst for coverage. I kinda wanna make another sign though, this one was pretty fun!

yessss finally done...time to hang it on the wall!

would be cool to make another one all aged and rusted....looking like it came from bioshock. lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back