Altered Carbon Props

Where did you hear they got a cease and desist?

They sent out an email this morning... Sounds like they are working on an official one...
cd.jpg

I went back and studied the "envoy defense rifle" during the stronghold scenes in episode 7 after checking out your info Mechanic (thank you!). It looks like Kovacs uses the OD green version, but they also have the tan verison of the Cronus on a table being worked on, and we get a pretty good close up on that one.

The muzzle device looks to be a "thread shark" or a "steel shark" made for rifles. At first glance I thought it was a shotgun muzzle device for breaching doors.

threadshark.jpg

I'm a bit worried that it'll be "almost good enough" e.g. nice unicorn print but the LEDs are different, or less bright, etc.
I'm still trying to find the led strip used, got 4k screen grabs to see the detail, looks like one of the typical cut to length type but the surface mount components are placed differently to what i see on ebay

Ok got a good screen grab of the LED strip in the bag, anyone able to identify the exact strip?? I can find close ones on ebay but not the exact one as yet,

Altered Carbon S01E01 2160p HDR Netflix WEBRip DD+ Atmos 5.1 x265-TrollUHD 26420 (2).jpg

A little off topic...but seeing everyone posting pictures of these really cool props and talking about how great the show is I have signed up for a free trial to netflix so I can binge watch it and stranger things. Thanks guys haha!!

A little off topic...but seeing everyone posting pictures of these really cool props and talking about how great the show is I have signed up for a free trial to netflix so I can binge watch it and stranger things. Thanks guys haha!!
You're in for a treat, especially with Stranger Things!

You're in for a treat, especially with Stranger Things!

A friend at work showed me three episodes of Stranger Things and I was hooked. But I’m almost done with episode of Altered Carbon and just wow, I really like it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here's the plan: you get the bet possible netflix plan. you have five users, and it costs ~14$ Then you get 4 other people to give you 3.5$/month=14$

now you have free netflix. "free" in that you need to collect the money from those four people and answer their "whats the password/pin again?"-questions once in a while.

Also, netflix doesn't even not want you to do that. They said they like that it spreads netflix among people, its free amazing advertisment, from my account alone there have been 3 people who subequently decided to make their own account.

Last edited:
Anyone got any details on Ortega's police badge yet?
I've ripped screenshots from every episode in 4k, about every second frame, 360000 or so frames per episode, slowly going through them to get references for everything, I'll post what I have so far of the police badge shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1m-...s-m-individually-addressable/32742461421.html

Product properties: white pcb + 1m 96led ip30
99% sure. RGB so i can match the color rather than guessing what the original color tone was before post production
this looks close except each led has 4 solder points where as the one in the screengrab of the bag appears to only have 2 solder points, one on each side of each led,

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the little bit we get to see over the sholders of these snipers . . . there is a chance these rifles are just Cronus paintball guns with very long barrels, bypods attached to the bottom rail, with maybe a foregrip behind it, and large standard rifle scopes attached to the top rail.

envoy_snipers.jpg

I'm going to keep looking out for more info on these.

Here are the two Stacks I had printed. The darker one is printed in agreed steel, the look and feel, not to mention the weigh is amazing, it needs to be buffed up with some steel wool to get that metal shine and then I'll rub some blue metallic acrylic to the recesses for the effect. The other is printed in ultra fine detail, which I plan to chrome and add a couple sequencing LED's for a hero version. Both can take small neodymium magnets to be held together. Thanks much to member taibhse, these re his STL files he uploaded to Thingiverse!

IMG_6923.jpgIMG_6924.jpgIMG_6925.jpgIMG_6926.jpgIMG_6927.jpg

Ok. Lets get this build an envoy defense rifle party started.

envoy_prebuild1.jpg

I was able to pick up a used Cronus for $60. It's going to need a lot of work, but nothing I haven't done before.

There is a nozzle on the bottom of the grip that needs to be removed, and the picitinny rails it comes with both need to be moved to cover holes.

envoy_prebuild2.jpg

This UTG light/laser combo is really only seen when they are working on a rifle on a table. It comes with the pressure pad as well, which we see on screen.

envoy_prebuild3.jpg

Cutting off the loading port for the paintballs is going to be the trickiest bit of work I suspect. It's molded into that half of the gun. It looks like they just chopped it off and the covered the hole with that small picitinny rail though. So that just means some drilling and tapping.

envoy_prebuild4.jpg

The muzzle device is a chunk of steel. This one was made for a .223 rifle. They make them for several calibers and thread picthes.

envoy_prebuild5.jpg

These yellow tinted scope protectors were seen on some of the rifles being held by extras just before the viral strike (Ep7). Takeshi's rifle, which he just grabs off a dead envoy, does not have one. But these things are dirt cheap, so I grabbed one.

envoy_prebuild6.jpg

This stock is just a big chunk of solid plastic. If they make aluminum versions I could not find one. These are kind of pricey. $35.

In the grand scheme of things, this is the cheapest prop gun I've bought in a long time, and I'm looking forward to the build a whole lot. Eventually I'll start a new build thread just for this gun so I don't muck up this thread.

Those stacks look great!!! I might just have to bite the bullet and get a 3D printer because of things like this. And that Envoy rifle is going to look awesome!!! I'm excited to see how both come out looking after they're both done.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back