Altered Carbon Props

A little off topic...but seeing everyone posting pictures of these really cool props and talking about how great the show is I have signed up for a free trial to netflix so I can binge watch it and stranger things. Thanks guys haha!!
Don't forget to try Dark if you like sci-fi!:ninja

A little off topic...but seeing everyone posting pictures of these really cool props and talking about how great the show is I have signed up for a free trial to netflix so I can binge watch it and stranger things. Thanks guys haha!!

Assuming you get it on the US Netflix you should also check out The Expanse.

Here are the two Stacks I had printed. The darker one is printed in agreed steel, the look and feel, not to mention the weigh is amazing, it needs to be buffed up with some steel wool to get that metal shine and then I'll rub some blue metallic acrylic to the recesses for the effect. The other is printed in ultra fine detail, which I plan to chrome and add a couple sequencing LED's for a hero version. Both can take small neodymium magnets to be held together. Thanks much to member taibhse, these re his STL files he uploaded to Thingiverse!

View attachment 797191View attachment 797192View attachment 797193View attachment 797194View attachment 797195

Wow I cant even see any print lines! Did you print these yourself?

Here are the two Stacks I had printed. The darker one is printed in agreed steel, the look and feel, not to mention the weigh is amazing, it needs to be buffed up with some steel wool to get that metal shine and then I'll rub some blue metallic acrylic to the recesses for the effect. The other is printed in ultra fine detail, which I plan to chrome and add a couple sequencing LED's for a hero version. Both can take small neodymium magnets to be held together. Thanks much to member taibhse, these re his STL files he uploaded to Thingiverse!

View attachment 797191View attachment 797192View attachment 797193View attachment 797194View attachment 797195

Just put through an order myself. This may sound dumb but I had never realised that you could upload someone else's files to Shapeways. Never really occurred to me to check :)

Just a further thought on the police badge. I stumbled across this today. While it's from I, Robot, the internal lighting might be something worth thinking about with the Bay City Police badge.

shot00031.jpg

I've ripped screenshots from every episode in 4k, about every second frame, 360000 or so frames per episode, slowly going through them to get references for everything, I'll post what I have so far of the police badge shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

this looks close except each led has 4 solder points where as the one in the screengrab of the bag appears to only have 2 solder points, one on each side of each led,

dammit. You're right, i ordered the wrong LEDs.

well, this time i'm 99.9% sure: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/High...108.1000016.1.405b3c74g6Wjen&isOrigTitle=true

The kind of LED we're looking for is 3528, they have only two solder points, and thus have no RGB ability at all. Can someone verify that it's cold-white light for me please?

i assume its the 120LED/M variant, no waterproofing (so no IP65) and either cold-white or neutral white color.

Has anyone and idea how to make the switch mechanism? My ideas so far don't work...

well, this time i'm 99.9% sure: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/High...108.1000016.1.405b3c74g6Wjen&isOrigTitle=true

The kind of LED we're looking for is 3528, they have only two solder points, and thus have no RGB ability at all. Can someone verify that it's cold-white light for me please?

i assume its the 120LED/M variant, no waterproofing (so no IP65) and either cold-white or neutral white color.

Has anyone and idea how to make the switch mechanism? My ideas so far don't work...

I`ve a few more screenshots of upvclose elements, as soon as I figure out if its cold, neutral or warm white led`s being used, I`ll place an order for them, in the mean time trying to figure out where to get the second zip, can`t seem to find the exact one on ebay.

Altered Carbon S01E09 2160p HDR Netflix WEBRip DD+ Atmos 5.1 x265-TrollUHD 26103 (2).jpg

I`m placing an order for 2 meters of the cold light white, seems to give off a bluish reflection which would match with some of the scenes we see with the lights on. As for the switch mechanism, I`m doing 2 switches for mine, one basic flick on off switch hidden and going to try a spring loaded press switch, use some thin cord to loop it at the bags hinge so when it opens past a set angle the switch is pulled tight enough to turn the lights on.

- - - Updated - - -

99% sure this one https://www.etsy.com/listing/103604912/5-inch-ykk-vislon-8mm-molded-plastic

The metal piece (tiny tiny) is a generic zipper-end piece you clamp on

looks to be a good match, not sure about the shade of pink but I`ve contacted the seller to see if they can do longer lengths.

2 meters is a bit to little.

i have the wrong backpack but the right hardshell, and 2m is just barely enough. 2,20-2,50, cutting is easier than soldering...

Zipper for the backpack seems to be YKK Vislon standard 4 VS in in pink. The etsy link is useless because they only sell 5" of those, but it seems to be the most generic possible YKK one.

wow that's a lot of precise details! "PROTEC USE ONLY" lol. I hadn't noticed that watching the series.

he protec, he attack, but mostly he envoy-stack crack.

do you print them yourself or go to some shapeways/other service?

wow that's a lot of precise details! "PROTEC USE ONLY" lol. I hadn't noticed that watching the series.

he protec, he attack, but mostly he envoy-stack crack.

do you print them yourself or go to some shapeways/other service?

Ye I thought it was interesting that they shortened it to just PROTEC, looks kind of weird to me.

I will be printing it myself, but I only have a cheap i3 clone. The largest piece I can print is about 6 inches, and this thing is like 30 inches long so it will need some thought how best to split it up. Once I've tested it I'll put it up on Thingiverse.

I dread to think what Shapeways would charge for it, probably hundreds.

Well, you just gotta slice it up into logical pieces, then finish and assemble them like you would a kit, I suppose. You could check around you for a nearby public library or makerspace with 3D printing facilities.

The "PROTEC USE ONLY" marking is very similar to a marking Weta put on some of their Elysium weapons, "FOR ASGARI USE ONLY / PARA USO UNICO ASGARI," which I'm guessing was going to be the name of their security services / mercs.

Every now and then you'll see them 'referencing' some previous work of their own. Never throw a good design away ; )

I thought the scopes might be using some parts from the Elysium scopes, but I think the proportions are slightly different.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back