Altered Carbon Props

Which would mean that someone made the effort to custom print it as a prop. I assume they did that, bc the backpack seems to be altered from the original one, it has a second zipper (non functional, never opened in the show) and i've not seen the hello unicorn anywhere, so i'm currently trying to figure out how to print and wrap it...
The light should be fairly easy with a phone powerbank, but the switch i have no good solution for yet. i guess in the show they just had someone stand around with a switch?

Concept art 043 is actually the changes I did to their previous designs. This build was my favorite I did out of all of them. I did a photoshop piece of art pulling sections from other art they did on this to combine, alter, and update the stock, the magazine, etc to the final version. Adam then took that and matched everything I wanted. By the time I was done machining, the thing weighed a ton.... but looks cool.

Concept art 043 is actually the changes I did to their previous designs. This build was my favorite I did out of all of them. I did a photoshop piece of art pulling sections from other art they did on this to combine, alter, and update the stock, the magazine, etc to the final version. Adam then took that and matched everything I wanted. By the time I was done machining, the thing weighed a ton.... but looks cool.

K, any insight on this Envoy weapon at all? Thanks!

carbon9.jpg

K, any insight on this Envoy weapon at all? Thanks!

http://alienscollection.com/carbon9.jpg

Ooo... that’s not one of mine. I don’t even remember even seeing the art of that one on the show’s server. I mean I was pretty busy with my own folder of builds. So I could have missed it. There was a **** ton of stuff. Got to the point I was designing left and right while building the last thing I designed. However, I designed and fabricated the Envoy pistols. This was a very fast paced show. But, one of the most organized in my opinion. The sets were ****ing incredible! Set guys get 5 thumbs up out of 5 thumbs up.

I ordered the wrong backpack...

my current guess: The backpack is two backpacks combined, or another kind of backpack i haven't found yet. The one on ebay/ali has the right dimensions and pockets and zipper, but the back-padding is different (has none). I'd say its two backpacks combined, the one we've already found plus the back-part of another similarly sized one. This would explain the second zipper...
Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 09.33.53.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-10 at 09.34.07.png

i've been wrong about the side pockets too, they're not made from a single layer of mesh stuff but that double layer stuff Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 09.42.17.png

now i guess a second backpack is needed, one that has the right straps and back...
If anyone else has any leads to what that second backpack might be, i'd be really glad!

any chance of getting solidworks compatible files for that? or iges files? Would love to mod it to be able to take an airsoft gearbox or aep gearbox inside for airsoft.

I do have software at work that can convert to IGS but I'm not sure how easy they are to edit, the mesh is quite messy. Happy to try though.

I Agree. just CGI. but you did a wonderful job drawing It...:thumbsup

It's a wonderful drawing, concept art actually, by Ann Foley (the costume designer of the series) herself. Which is not me. Nor can i draw this well! Someone on twitter had asked her shortly before you had asked here.

Which would mean that someone made the effort to custom print it as a prop. I assume they did that, bc the backpack seems to be altered from the original one, it has a second zipper (non functional, never opened in the show) and i've not seen the hello unicorn anywhere, so i'm currently trying to figure out how to print and wrap it...
The light should be fairly easy with a phone powerbank, but the switch i have no good solution for yet. i guess in the show they just had someone stand around with a switch?

I let my mam take a look at the bag, shes big into stitching and sewing, been at it decades, she said it all looks like it was made from the one bag and not two, the seam line was split and a zipper put in, what where the bottle pockets look like the fabric was doubles back on itself to make closer fitting pockets, that or better netting entirely was used.

I do have software at work that can convert to IGS but I'm not sure how easy they are to edit, the mesh is quite messy. Happy to try though.
I'd appreciate it if you could, be curious to split the file into 2 shells and see what airsoft parts might fit inside.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back