Altered Carbon Props

I've only caught the first episode, but without dropping any spoilers (for me!) do those heavily armoured troops from the opening scenes of Ep1 turn up at all ? I'm considering modelling the helmet / uniform design and need some decent screengrabs.

Loved those Praetorian Guard designs. Ironhead Studios did them, but they haven't released any photos/art yet on their main site or Instagram, when I checked it last. Only found the designers in an interview (I think, Variety?), and they brought up the Praetorian Guards' design.

CTAC_Praetorians_IN_THE_DARK.jpegCTAC_Praetorians_BACK_DETAIL.jpegUntitled-1.jpg

NOTE: It was with Verge, not Variety ;)

Last edited:
Loved those Praetorian Guard designs. Ironhead Studios did them, but they haven't released any photos/art yet on their main site or Instagram, when I checked it last. Only found the designers in an interview (I think, Variety?), and they brought up the Praetorian Guards' design.

I read the same article in Variety but you're right, it just had concept art from the back.

Did anyone else get a Highlander reference in the final?
When Tak is getting ready to battle his sister in a sword fight, he grabs what looks to be the the Highlander Ramirez katana. Two people who are hundreds of years old. I dont know maybe it was just me.

I read the same article in Variety but you're right, it just had concept art from the back.

Did anyone else get a Highlander reference in the final?
When Tak is getting ready to battle his sister in a sword fight, he grabs what looks to be the the Highlander Ramirez katana. Two people who are hundreds of years old. I dont know maybe it was just me.

Yea, I was like, "Hey, I used to have that sword!"

Loved the show! The world building was crazy. The Props were amazing! All the guns looked great and the swords were stuff I’ve never seen before. My fav gun was that chrome gun that Bancroft uses. Anyone able to get a screen shot of it?
So glad I bought a 4K TV. Show looks unreal on it.
Glad I found this forum. Thanks for the great photos

I'm waiting on better images and accurate dimensions to come out but in the mean time, made this stl file for the stack, https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2783656 can atleast use it to see what works best for lighting and practice painting on it to get the right look. Designed with intent to use transparent ABS and vapour smooth after, hence the hard edges for the damascul like pattern, smoothing should get a good result.

Managed to grab some decent shots of various items, mainly trying to get his hand cannon but it's always blurry!

ep9_0007_Layer 8.jpgep9_0008_Layer 7.jpgep9_0003_Layer 12.jpgep9_0000_Layer 15.jpgep9_0002_Layer 13.jpg

Thanks Aliens... how do you think they made that? Is it 3D printed? Looks like it's chromed, never seen paint that good.

Reileen's syringe is pretty cool looking too... man there's a lot of great props in the show! I wonder how long it took them to shoot the 10 episodes?

Currently working on making a stack. Do you think that stair stepping around the edge is intentional or a result of being 3D printed and they just decided to leave it?
alt_0042_Layer 2.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back