Help Seeking Advice on How to Replicate Texture

taibhse

Hi everyone, been wondering for a while on this and thought I'd finally ask here. I'd like to replicate the texture as seen here on an airsoft version of the P90 I have, but I'm not entirely sure how to do it or what techniques exist. The model I have has a completely smooth on the body.

mag-p90.jpg

Hi everyone, been wondering for a while on this and thought I'd finally ask here. I'd like to replicate the texture as seen here on an airsoft version of the P90 I have, but I'm not entirely sure how to do it or what techniques exist. The model I have has a completely smooth on the body.

View attachment 792182
I'd do it by mottling (kind of splatter you'd get from flicking paint off a toothbrush) paint at a thicker consistency than normal, high paint volume low pressure & not letting it get too wet.
If you don't have access to a spray gun & compressor then there are quite a few textured paint rattle cans out there.
You'd have to mask off anything you don't want texture on though including text( you could use masking fluid or putty to fill in text then pick it out later).
Hope that's of some help!

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back