Maze Runner Death Cure - WCKD uniform (help)

@leatherneck Do you recall what brand the uniforms were? I'm guessing Propper but I don't recognize the camo pattern in the first pics you posted though.

Phil, already IDed the BDU shirt worn by Dylan Obrien in post #9. Haven't IDed the WCKD ones in case they're different like the one worn by the British actor.

Phil, already IDed the BDU shirt worn by Dylan Obrien in post #9. Haven't IDed the WCKD ones in case they're different like the one worn by the British actor.

Good catch, that is the same camo pattern that we wore. Couldn't remember the brand. Costumes did do some dyeing to them. That and all of the dust that was kicked up during filming added to the somewhat muted colors.

The plate carrier is a "generic" design with an (allegedly) a fast evac cable system. Made in China and quite reasonably priced if you search ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-A...hash=item4d69c05d94:m:mD7EAk3BzPx1EHWRT9_Euxw

They may have changed the fastex buckle design since the film was made as some of the product pics have
the screen accurate clip style, and some don't.

Haven't found a namebrand manufacturer with this same design.

*UPDATE: The buckle design is the "airloc" style. So if you got a cheap vest with the wrong buckles, replacements can be had in the USA from a few different retailers. Not endorsing the below retailer, just offering the link for reference purposes.

http://raggedmountain.com/fabric-repair/buckles/side-release-buckles/1-side-release-airloc

*UPDATE2: The original is referred to as a "multi hole side release buckle." I found a site that
used to sell them, but they're unavailable now. They're a flatter style than the airloc buckles and
appears to be more screen accurate. One could of course sand the airlock buckles flatter to get
close to the appearance... or just call it even. :)

https://www.made-in-china.com/showr...na-Multi-Hole-Side-Release-Buckle-SB001-.html

Last edited by a moderator:

You're right, I missed that you ID'd it as an ACU (not BDU) style blouse in ATACS-LE.

The plate carrier is a "generic" design with an (allegedly) a fast evac cable system. Made in China and quite reasonably priced if you search ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-A...hash=item4d69c05d94:m:mD7EAk3BzPx1EHWRT9_Euxw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkOpDtICSls

They may have changed the fastex buckle design since the film was made as some of the product pics have
the screen accurate clip style, and some don't.

Haven't found a namebrand manufacturer with this same design.

*UPDATE: The buckle design is the "airloc" style. So if you got a cheap vest with the wrong buckles, replacements can be had in the USA from a few different retailers. Not endorsing the below retailer, just offering the link for reference purposes.

http://raggedmountain.com/fabric-repair/buckles/side-release-buckles/1-side-release-airloc

*UPDATE2: The original is referred to as a "multi hole side release buckle." I found a site that
used to sell them, but they're unavailable now. They're a flatter style than the airloc buckles and
appears to be more screen accurate. One could of course sand the airlock buckles flatter to get
close to the appearance... or just call it even. :)

https://www.made-in-china.com/showr...na-Multi-Hole-Side-Release-Buckle-SB001-.html

For those who might have issues with Ebay, you can also find them on Gearbest for a similar price. https://www.gearbest.com/other-accessories/pp_383995.html?wid=37

I may have found a base for the helmet, I'm making one for comic con this year and I realised that my old bike helmet is a very similar shape at an angle. I started to carve away the polystyrene to produce a more comfortable fit. I'm only early into the project.

hi my name is senshi and im into military gear so i could help

the camo the normal wckd soldiers wear is ATACS LE and the light wich is mounted on the mask is an black surefire helmet light and on the other side of the mask they have an blackbox for gear ( works as the blackbox in planes )

im starting my cosplay right now and i will use the design from maze runner 2

for thoose who are interested the soldiers in maze runner 2 use the kriss vector and the warsports lvoa.
if you wanna go lvoa i would recomend the krytac lvoa airsoft and with the vector i would also recommend the krytac airsoft vector both expensive but i have both and i can say they are dope

edit : to me the red shirt looks like a mix between an firefighter shirt and an trashoverall but cut in the design of an bdu

( if needed i can send you links on where to buy these products but you have to tell me in wich country you live [to prevent shipping overseas])

I really hope this works out. Loved the design of these guys in the movie!

If someone Made decent small run of these masks I'd be so down

I didn't even think to look for shots of the second film.
Haven't modeled anything in a while and this would be the right motivation to get back in to it lol
If you can get me a model of the helmet I have access to a thermoforming machine that I could use to vacuum-form masks.

Last edited:
According to imfdb wckd troops in death cure used: the Salient Arms International Tier One AR-15, the Kel-Tec KSG shotgun, and the Heckler & Koch UMP-9.

I can 100% assure you that they use the kriss vector not the UMP and not the GRY (salient) but the warsport lvoa and the KSG
Im sorry but youre wrong about that one

I might be able to help some on this. I worked extensively on The Scorch Trials as the military coordinator and I am in a few of the pics posted. The mask were completely custom made and really uncomfortable to wear. The lenses part of it was a metal perforated mesh. There was a small multi LED light mounted on the right side of the helmet and a small laser pointer on left. Don't know what brand of either was used. The BDU's that we wore were black/blueish multicam with a brown wash that costumes added to it.

During Scorch Trials there were only 20 mask made. They were constantly repairing them as a result. They were all made out of resin, no stunt versions existed.

View attachment 794427View attachment 794426

I was wondering if could buy a mask or even a whole costume if it's even possible for you to get your hands on them or if there are any left.

Last edited:
I was wondering if could buy a mask or even a whole costume if it's even possible for you to get your hands on them or if there are any left.

Sorry, can't help with any of this. All of the costumes and props went back to production for the 3rd film. The only thing I got to keep was a patch from the uniforms.

Hi!
First time making a thread, so Im sorry if I did anything wrong here.

I want to make a replica of the WCKD uniform Newt is wearing near the end of the movie.

Does anyone happen to know what could be used as a good base for this suit?

I've been trying to figure out if they maybe used a specific jacket or overall as base for it, but if so; I haven't been able to find it yet.
If I'd have to make it myself, my best guess would be to take a black and a red overall, and cut/sue em together or something.

Any help would be most appreciated!

I was wondering if you could make a copy of the dark red jacket Thomas Brodie Sangster wears in Maze runner the death cure, it's a kind of military style jacket
Hi!
First time making a thread, so Im sorry if I did anything wrong here.

I want to make a replica of the WCKD uniform Newt is wearing near the end of the movie.

Does anyone happen to know what could be used as a good base for this suit?

I've been trying to figure out if they maybe used a specific jacket or overall as base for it, but if so; I haven't been able to find it yet.
If I'd have to make it myself, my best guess would be to take a black and a red overall, and cut/sue em together or something.

Any help would be most appreciated!

I was wondering if you could make me a replica of Thomas Brodie Sangster's character Newt's dark red jacket, or if you know who makes it, I haven't been able to find one like it.

I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm disappointed nothing ever came of it

Identified some more bits from the uniform

The Gloves are Oakley Standard Issue Assault Gloves and the boots are under armor UA jungle rat boots

I've been collecting HD reference pictures of the mask for the last couple days and i'm planning on commissioning an artist to do up a 3D model for printing as i have no experience doing that sort of thing

Hi!
So I've been following this thread closely since the movie came out,hoping it could guide me to the needed materials for this cosplay. But the jacket have been the hardest to discover, except for the helmet which is probably custome made, and therefore likely not something we'll ever be able to obtain. (Personally I'm aiming to commission someone one of an artist too, no way I could recreate it myself)

So I decided to give it another go today to try and find this jacket, and I think I got a catch! Only thing it's missing is the black patches on the sleeves, which are highly likely to be something the team added themselves, since the rest of the jacket is a 100% spot on from the reference photos of Thomas.
Jacket can be brought here - 15909-948 Jacket - MASCOT® SAFE LIGHT
Let me know what you think!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back